“Authentic and Romantic”

Winoteka
Ranked #170 of 1,000 Restaurants in Wroclaw
Price range: US$3 - US$11
Cuisines: Italian
Description: The best offer of italian wines in Wroclaw! You can taste also delicious italian pasta by italian chef
Reviewed 11 August 2017 via mobile

I visited Winoteka with my girlfriend and the experience was wonderful! There was a real intimate and personal touch to the service! The staff were professional, wine knowledgeable and we got the best Aperol Spritz in Poland! The wine selection was fantastic! We drank a Montepulciano d'Abruzzo and ate some delicious pasta!

Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

When a wine bar deliberately distinguishes itself by not having a wine list, alarm bells should be ringing. The waitress explained that due to the sheer number of wines they stocked, it was impossible to have a wine list and all of the knowledge was in her head.

Sadly, that extensive wine selection included only one bottle of chardonnay, which had clearly been open for more than 10 days and tasted foul. The other two whites we tried were marginally less acrid and due to embarrassment we settled on one of them. No price was offered (turned out to be 25zl each) and the knowledge professed extended to barely more than "this one is a bit fresher" ie possibly only open for 3 days instead of 10.

Really bad. When paying there was no change in the money box of a till, further delaying the end of a bizarre experience

Astonishingly poor experience. We later had a delicious glass of merlot for 15zl at a competitor.

Solely my opinion - this strikes me as either an amateur establishment with no one there with any passion, or a front for a money laundering operation where the business comes second

3  Thank James C
Reviewed 13 May 2017

Thank you so much. We had a lovely time at Winoteka. Nothing was too much trouble. We explained that our little daughter had a nut allergy and Maria went out of her way to make a special pasta dish for her that was nut free. I had the mixed antipasti which was large and plentiful. Peter was also incredibly helpful. You are both welcome at our small hotel in Aberystwyth anytime (Cardigan Bay Guest House)

Reviewed 30 January 2017

Winoteka is a super nice place located in a small cul-de-sac in the middle of Wroclaw old town. The collection of wine there is pretty impressive and I must say the waiters really know what they're doing, able to answet any questions or give advise regarding the wine choice. We have ordered a cheese desk with our wine and it was excellent too. Definitely recommended, especially in summer when you can enjoy your wine outside.

Reviewed 17 January 2017

Visited today with other two friends belonging to the Italian community like me. We really enjoyed the place, the atmosphere, the harmony and the calm. The girl who took care of us switched to Italian, not unusual, still I was really impressed because since I moved to Poland (five years) I never saw a slavic girl mastering italian language that well. I'm not competent at all about wine, therfore I was worried about potential questions out of my reach, still she was helpful and made things easy for me. All the three of us happy with the quality of the wine. Prices are affordable. I personally consider visiting this place on a regular basis the only feasible option, especially given the fact that the girl who manages it is one of the most beautiful creatures I've ever seen.