“Best tour ever, you must take this tour!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Taste Of Prague

Taste Of Prague
Ranked #2 of 103 Food & Drink in Prague
More attraction details
Owner description: The idea behind the Taste of Prague food tours is simple. You follow a local foodie. You eat the best dishes in Prague’s best restaurants frequented by the locals and talk about what you eat and why, and how the food, wine and beer reflects the society, the country and its history and present. We keep our tours fresh, small and personal. Come hungry. Stretch pants optional, but recommended.
Los Angeles, California
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best tour ever, you must take this tour!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2016 via mobile

My daughter arranged this walking food tour after reading trip advisor and subsequently following them on Instagram. This was the best experience. Yes, there is much to see in Prague but these girls and guys are on a totally different level of sharing Prague culture. They are smart, friendly, well exposed and extremely passionate about their culture, history and future. We were 8 people plus our guide Martin, who is easy going, comfortable to be around and extremely helpful. I can honestly say after the first food experience the tour could have ended and I would have been satisfied. I will miss Nase Maso, the butcher shop - when you go there you'll know what I mean. We went back twice. The detailed information, past and present, the tour provides adds so much to the great food experience. I don't know if every tour makes the same stops in the same order but it doesn't matter because there is so much to experience at each food destination. You are advised not to eat and I concur, you will not be hungry! Seriously, we had dinner reservations later with friends and we just watched them eat. You will not experience anything like this separate from taking this tour, hard to believe but true. The company is easy to work with and the website is excellent. They communicate with you clearly and responsively. It was a delight to be around their knowledge, enthusiasm and love for Prague and for them to be foodies, it can't get any better than that. Don't under estimate the power of good food with good people. By the end of the tour you feel they care about your time in Prague, your food experiences and your overall traveling experience. Martin certainly made us feel that way. The people of "Taste of Prague" are unique and this is a one of a kind experience!! BTW, we ate at two of Martin's recommendations for Vienna - outstanding! Get their Taste of Prague book (website).

• Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Each tour is different...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2016

...so says Martin, our guide in terms of where we go and what we eat. At the end of our tour he even gave us an email at the end of our tour with the spots we eat/drank at which I really appreciated (and the aperitif SlivovitzIt was a great start to the tour) As a history nerd I really enjoyed the combination of food and cultural history. If you email them ahead of time of your food/drink concerns they will take that into account for your tour. I want to go back to Prague to take another tour!

5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Christmas Day ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2016 via mobile

What a great way to spend Christmas Day on vacation ! This food tour not only had a wide variety of foods, we also learned quite a bit of interesting history about Prague and the food and Christmas traditions. My husband and I have been on many foodie tours around the world and this was top notch ! It was my sister and her husbands first time and they loved it. Taste of Prague gave us a book of what to do, where to eat, drink, shop, what not to do tips so that after the tour we actually went to many places in the book, places we would have never known to go to. So it was actually two tours in one the way I look at it!
Great food great drinks and Martin was a perfect host ! It happened to be my birthday and I received a surprise birthday cake and ice cream that Martin had set up on one of our stops. The other interesting thing is that they change up their restaurants on the tour so we will book again on our next trip to beautiful Prague !

Springfield, Missouri
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Walking, talking & eating - what's not to like?”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2016

While in the Czech Republic for the holidays, my husband and I took the Taste of Prague Tour with Martin. We did a similar tour last year in Paris and had high expectations for this one - we were not disappointed. From our first meeting with Martin, on a very cold December day, he understood our needs and treated us to a wonderful plum brandy shot that quickly took away any thoughts of being cold. We were entertained with stories of the past, present and future of Prague's culinary timeline and he kept us all engaged and eager for the next new food stop. We were offered a wide variety of items to sample, while Martin described the origin or significance of each stop. This is also a great way to see different parts of the city. The variety, quality and quantity of food was great and Martin was an exceptional guide - knowledgeable and fun. We would highly recommend taking this tour if you're in Prague.

New York City, New York
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 47 helpful votes
“Even better the second time”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2016

We had a wonderful time with this company on our last visit about four years ago. As we were visiting Prague again with my parents, wanted them to experience it as well. We were honestly expecting to have some overlap of places (and wouldn't have minded) but we had a completely new experience. Partly, I think, because of the influx of new earieries that have cropped up since our last visit. And the choices were even better this time around.

Our guide, Martin, was a lot of fun and very knowledgeable not just about the cuisine, but on Czech culture, history and politics. The places were all wonderful (not sure how much adaptation happens from tour to tour so hate to rave about specifics). All were places I'd go back to for a full meal (and want to go back to get some off the shelf items as well). The group was small (8 persons) and friendly. The food was great and accommodations were made for dietary restrictions (a member had a gluten allergy and great care was taken to have alternate items available)

Hope to do it again and see what new gems they find