“hidden little gem”
Review of Mr.Bao

Mr.Bao
Ranked #2,015 of 5,983 Restaurants in Prague
Price range: US$4 - US$16
Description: Mr.Bao is a family restaurant inspired mainly by Chinese cuisine and family recipes. Despite of traditional Chinese wok specialities, you will also enjoy delicious meals prepared on teppanyaki grill for sure. Meals by Mr.Bao are combined with ingredients that are typical for Korean, Japanese and Vietnamese cuisine and we aim at offering more healthy & more tasty Chinese meals to our customers.
Reviewed 31 May 2018

A small, unassuming place, Mr Bao turns out very tasty grill and noodle dishes. I had the spring rolls (very fresh) and rice noodles with chicken and vegetables. Well above the standard level of Prague Chinese restaurants.

Reviewed 25 February 2018 via mobile

They have great deal on lunch..the menus are around 120-140 but it includes also a soup and glass of water which is really great. It should be like this everywhere.

The service for lunch time even though the place was crowded was very fast!

The waiter doesnt speak such a good czech.but she is very nice helpful and friendly. Really sweet.

I took Bun Bo Nam Bo. Which was great (beef meat,noodles,fresh vegetable,peanuts,fried onion) really fresh and relly tasty.

I will for sure go here more often! If you are more people for lunch definitely worth to make a reservarion.

Reviewed 28 November 2017 via mobile

By Asian standard, far from average. It’s just acceptable in this part of the world. Ordered the noodles which was tasteless, and the sweet and sour pork rice.
Servings are huge but the quality is not the Asian standard.

Only go if
1) You are very desperate for Chinese food
2) Want to dine with Asians
3) Feel like having a good mouth exercise by chewing tough pork covered with flour

By my standards, NOT edible nor recommended at all.

1  Thank KieranWee
Reviewed 23 April 2017

We picked up two meals as a takeaway yesterday. I had stir-fried tofu with veggies and Jasmine rice. My partner had stir-fried noodles and asked for chicken and pork and no veg. Nothing was a problem, we waited about ten minutes, you can see the chef cook the meals fresh through the glass. The restaurant is very clean the staff were so polite and pleasant and the food was delicious. We will definitely return for a sit down meal. It really is a little hidden gem and everyone who likes Asian food should pay Mr. Bao a visit!

Reviewed 8 March 2017

I was passing by a long time, until I first decided to come and try, as it doesn't look very catchy from the outside. Since that time i come back at least once a week. Their lunch menu is repeating, which is actually a very good thing, you can always pop in for a Bun Bo Nam Bo (one of the best i tried) and a soup for a special price. I didn't try anything rom the evering menu yet, but all the food my and my colleague tried from was delicious. May look pricey to some, but it pays back on taste and rich portions. Definately recommended to give it a try. Service very welcoming, what is surprising for an asian bistro, I am more used to polite but cold behaviour from their competition. Small, clean and nice place to spend lunch at. Free water with hint of mint, even if you don't ask for it, is a very sweet touch.