“Excellent Resort for Family Travel”

Secret Harbour Beach Resort
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Benner
Reviewed 7 May 2017

Our Spring break vacation was a really special one. We traveled to St Thomas USVI, the Island I grew up from ages 3-15. It was the first time I was going back and would be sharing the Island with my kids and husband. In addition, friends I have not seen in years would be there to help me get reacquainted with the place that use to be home. These are the girls I grew up with that I still get to call close and wonderful friends !

In my research, I wanted to find a hotel that would afford our family space. More than one bathroom is key. We like to have room and being able to feel like we have some of the essentials of "home" are key for our son, who has Autism.

We decided on Secret Harbor beach resort, it was a small hotel, with all accommodations of a larger one: dining choices, wifi, room cleaning, pool , beach and gym. The advantage was that it was an apartment style room. We had a kitchen, 2 bathrooms and a sitting area plus 2 bedrooms. It was PERFECT! No one felt cramped , the rooms were cozy and clean, decorated with a real beach charm. We could have breakfast in our room, our son could have down time in the living room and 2 could shower at a time ! We stocked up on essentials at the local supermarket which was another great plus when the kids wanted a snack or to make a quick bite. They are located on the East End of the island, a 5 minute ride to the Ferry to go to St John for the day.

Secret Harbor is just that, a beautiful , pristine beach, with sparkly blue waters, pelicans and palm trees-all nestled into a secret cove that you feel is your own private beach. The water is calm and it is a family friendly resort. Kids of all ages were there. The resort is a quaint and boutique style and we felt like a part of a family. The staff are singing while bringing you beach chairs, laughing while serving lunch and offering the favorite local spots when you want to explore . Again, I found the resort very helpful with a few special requests we had for our son from the dining area. They weren’t phased by our requests and made it all feel AOK!

We spent one entire day doing nothing but enjoying the property, Snorkeling, shelling and swimming all morning. Resting on the built in float in the ocean, was another favorite. Lunch on the ocean with steel drums and a walk to the pool to watch the sunset. It was all perfect.

Being in s resort like this with kids is great, the easy access to the room allows them to go back and forth with no difficulty.

Kevin, the general manger, couldn't have been more hands on. Always accessible and smiling as he walked the grounds checking to see how everyone was doing.

We rented a car to explore and took the kids all over. They saw where I lived, the school I went to, the beaches I had field trips at and the town I shopped in. As much as it changed, is as much as it stayed the same.

The locals were happy to have the tourism, we loved the local hangouts our friends took us to and the weather was perfect.

I can see why my parents moved there and I feel lucky to have had the years I did growing up there. I cannot wait to go back.

Traveling with kids can be a challenge, a child with special needs can bring a little more to the table but Secret Harbor, for our family, was the perfect destination to enjoy the beauty of the Island and have the comforts of home. Until next time...

Stayed: April 2017
3  Thank Carissa1966

Reviewed 2 May 2017

Secret Harbour was absolutely amazing! Our condo was beautiful and very clean. We walked out the back door onto a patio and directly onto the beach. Just a few steps and we were in the water. The food at the 2 restaurants was very good and all the services at the resort fit all of our needs. Housekeeping did a great job, and the beach staff was very friendly and accommodating as were the front desk people. We had one maintenance issue that was immediately taken care of, and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay! If I return to St. Thomas, I will definitely go back to Secret Harbour.

Room Tip: We chose a condo but villas are also available.
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank beadifulblonde
Reviewed 26 April 2017 via mobile

We stayed at Secret Harbour for a week and it was absolutely wonderful. I thought it was very clean. The staff was incredibly kind and helpful. We rented a car and there are 2 grocery stores very close to the resort. We had 5 rooms total for all the guests and the biggest complaint I heard from people was the lack of hot water in the shower. Our room was perfect though. Gorgeous views, wonderful snorkeling, quiet and relaxed atmosphere! Would definitely recommend!

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Rachel H
Reviewed 23 April 2017

We came Secret Harbour for a destination wedding and it was absolutely perfect. All the rooms are right on the beach. Our room was perfect as it was spacious with a fun kitchen living room area and a queen size comfortable bed.
My favorite was enjoying the view from our balcony of the beautiful private beach while have a cup of coffee.
The Sunset Grille restaurant served excellent breakfast and a great dinner at night.
The snorkeling right off the beach was great as well.
This place was secluded from the touristy destinations.
We loved and will be back.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank JohnN59
Reviewed 23 April 2017

Secret Harbor is a great place to go with the family. We stayed in one of the two bedroom, two bath villas above the resort. Nothing is fancy but it's very comfortable. Beach is lovely and the snorkeling is great. Nice pool for a quick dip. Food at the restaurants on the property is good. We had a kitchen which was great. Moe's in Red Hook is a good place to go for groceries and wine. We ended up eating in more than I thought we would especially after a busy day site seeing when we were all tired.

Room Tip: If you rent a villa get one with a view of the bay. Some of the lower units don't have a bay vie...
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Benner
9 km away
Sapphire Beach Resort
#4 of 5 in East End
1.2 km away
The Ritz-Carlton, St. Thomas

Been to Secret Harbour Beach Resort? Share your experiences!