Lowest prices for your stay
HK$1,100
No prepayment needed
Agoda.com
Multiple ways to pay
Paula R
Somerset West, South Africa

Beautiful resort

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 20 Sept 2019via mobile
Very Nice resort with great snorkeling right in front of the swimming pool, the tour to the coral garden is amazing! Skull caves were very interesting, restaurant serves very good food,
Nice clean rooms with good bedding, and all the necessary things.
The road from the airport is brand new so a easy drive to the resort!
And at least very friendly people!! The only thing I would recommend is to book thruh booking.com, room with full board, I paid way to much! If you book only the room , you have to pay for the food and that’s really too expensive!
Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
  • Booking.com
Pool
Wanigili Main Building from Backyard2
37.4 km from Tawali Leisure & Dive Resort
View more hotels in Hewiia
All reviews dive boat day trip home reef great visibility other travelers flight boats deck board jetty bungalow remoteness locals nature shells
Selected filters
Reviewed 7 September 2019

Superb location (but takes awhile to get there)
Excellent diving, although staff seemed unfamiliar with some of the sites and so not all turned out perfectly. Lots of excellent diving very close to resort.
Marvelous cultural experiences and easy walk to local village
Accommodations very good

Date of stay: October 2018
2  Thank Getaway590788
Reviewed 2 September 2019 via mobile

I visited Tawali with friends for a diving snorkelling trip. This place is simply amazing. I have never felt so far away from my day to day working life. I arrived at about 1 pm. Did my first snorkel at 3 pm and then a night dive at 6. Next two days I did 3 snorkels per day. Wow it was heaven on earth . Bed room superb with great views and then great food and a good bar . Exactly the break I hoped for plays 100%.

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 May 2019 via mobile

Had a great stay. Staff were great in particular penny, Gilbert and peter. Food was good and good chef. A lot of Tuna. But it is caught locally so very fresh. Not a lot of assortment of veg which I missed. Picnic and snorkling was a great outing as was visiting the waterfall. Beds were good. Tv wouldn't work for us but we had a lot of reading material and so tired it didn't matter. Wi fi available in lounge dining area. Management straff George and Nosaki were very welcoming. Have to say a special thanks to all staff who tried to find a national friend in Alotau we hadn't seen for 40 years. Archie our driver who in the end found her and to Nosaki who took us to her, went away for awhile and came back to get us. Thankyou very much all staff were great and understanding of some of our difficulties A great four day break for us old Maris.

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 May 2019

We tested Tawali's staff and processes right at the beginning. Three days before our Port Moresby trip, my wife and I decided that we did not want to stay in Port Moresby for longer due to the restrictions following security best practices. Hence, we spontaneously rang up Tawali at 7.30pm and they confirmed to answer all relevant question by email. Within 12 hours we had questions answered and within 24 hours it was a done deal. Very good booking experience!

The staff was very helpful, from booking before the trip throughout our visit over in Papua New Guinea. All people are nice and smiling and it's a very friendly atmosphere. The concept with dive boxes is very good as well and helps to have your things sorted. The day trip diving boats were comfortable and clean as the entire resort.

Really, it was a very pleasant experience to stay in Tawali!

The diving was fun, too. Nature seems to be pure in Milne Bay. From the green hills to the blue ocean. Beautiful coral and smaller reef fish in abundance. Incredible underwater landscapes. My absolute favorite was 'Deacon's Reef' as the walls are filled with coral and we had some 40m viz. Just incredible! I'll let the photos do the rest. ;-)

P.s. I rated value average, because the resort and PNG as such is a bit pricey. You may get close to the experience in Indonesia with half the price. However, I don't regret the trip. It was nature (and people) at it's best!

Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank ChristophWuerbel
Reviewed 27 February 2019 via mobile

For diving and sleeping is this a very good resort. Albert was my dive guide and he is a really good dive guide. I saw many big and small sizes. The mix is nice.
Only the bird guides were very sad Gilbert knows nothing about birds and Michael may be 1%. The food was good, but expensive.
The room was absolute clean and we felt save during our stay.

We think about to come again to this resort

Date of stay: February 2019