“Sheer bliss!”

Saltair Spa Retreat Torquay
More attraction details
Owner description: Saltair Day Spa is the perfect setting to start the Great Ocean Road journey as you relax, unwind and enjoy stunning views of rolling green hills and crystal blue oceans from the comfort of our relaxation room. Captivate your senses while your stresses melt away in our spas or indulge in a complete menu of day spa treatments that are created to provide the ultimate in pampering and relaxation.
Reviewed 29 June 2018

I was the lucky recipient of a gift voucher. I had the vitamin C facial. It was absolutely wonderful! The beautician was very professional and knowledgeable and made the whole experience blissful. And my skin felt amazing afterwards.

The venue is lovely with a fabulous outlook. My spa room wall was all glass and gives you a lovely view of the garden with the mist drifting over it (and I am told there's a lovely view when it isn't foggy too).

TIP - take the time to enjoy a cup of peppermint or herbal tea after your treatment and relax and enjoy the view through the wall to wall glass window.

All reviews
"pregnancy"
"waxing"
in 12 reviews

Reviewed 21 May 2018

Saltair spa is a perfect blend of feeling like you are on holiday in your own town and receiving world class treatments by staff that are very experienced and make you feel great every time. I continue to enjoy the services provided here. Today I enjoyed a facial treatment with Made who is knowledgable with the Babor products she uses as well as providing a relaxing and enjoyable experience. Thank you

Reviewed 28 April 2018 via mobile

Such a beautiful calm space. Love going here for small treatments like a wax but the massages can either be amazing or terrible. I was told that they were amazing and qualified at pregnancy massages- I was 30 weeks pregnant. After the massage I ended up in hospital as the young masseuse didn’t really have the experience needed to massage pregnancy properly (doctors words) and when I rang to tell them I was basically disregarded. Have also received vouchers for here for a massage and on two separate occasions have had bad experiences with staff where I have asked them not to touch my lower back and one masseuse actually kept trying to massage my lower back-3 separate times I said to her ‘please don’t massage that area’ and even drew a line in biro for her not to rub yet she still tried... it was such a stressful experience for me.
Other experience with massage was just as bad.
I would def go here for small things like wax or manicure but will always avoid the massages as staff don’t listen to what it is you actually want and then afterwards try to sell you their product for 10mins... not relaxing at all.
Set in a great space and designed really well and very calming- just need some better staff who are willing to do what you book in for ie: massage style and also be experienced or trained in meeting clients needs

3  Thank melarmy
RachelSpaManager, Manager at Saltair Spa Retreat Torquay, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2018

We believe you have incorrectly named or selected our buisness for this review. There has been no complaints made to us the reflect this incident in anyway and we do not perform 'Wax and Manicure' treatments as mentioned.

This review has been request to be removed by Tripadvisor.

Reviewed 11 April 2018 via mobile

I took a group of 9 for a day spa... 2 treatments and lunch was included. The therapists were fabulous, kind, efficient and professional! Lunch was simple but really good. We had the best experience in a beautiful setting. Couldn’t recommend it enough. It was a little pricey but worth every cent!!

Thank you so much for your feedback. We will be sure to pass your praise onto our Saltair therapists who will be delighted to hear your feedback. We look forward to pampering you all again soon. Warm Regards