“Don’t waste your time or money!”

Angie's Italian Kitchen
Ranked #3 of 50 Restaurants in Jindabyne
Price range: US$15 - US$30
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Top class Italian restaurant overlooking Lake Jindabyne !! Established over 30 years . Its Italian cuisine cooked by Italians!! Friendly atmosphere....Best Location in town with the extensive lake views !!! Have won 6 Restaurant and Catering Awards for Excellance in the past 10 years . Bookings are preferred in peak season but not essential, thank you .
Reviewed 23 February 2021

Terrible service to start with, not particularly busy and yet our food was still 90 minutes late. No apologies, no explanation. Had to ask for our drinks order about 4 times. The food was then served to our massive disappointment. Pasta dishes nearly $30 that my child could make, beyond basic. Risotto looked like porridge, and unfortunately had the same consistency, clearly overcooked and tasteless. Parmesan was off the packet kind, not the fresh kind. We visit every year and will never recommend Angies Italian.

1  Thank Camper83811
Angie P, Owner at Angie's Italian Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Thank you Appreciate your feedback ! I particularly don’t agree with your comments but it’s free for all !
99%of customers are very happy , sadly you fall into the 1% !!!

Write a reviewReviews (517)

Reviewed 22 February 2021 via mobile

My husband and I found this little gem on a visit to Jindabyne.
Service was excellent and good was fresh and delicious. Angie was welcoming.
Would highly recommend dining here

Date of visit: February 2021

Thank you Glad you finally found me , been serving tge wonderful tourists that visit our town since 1982 !!?

Reviewed 20 February 2021

As a family of 6, we booked a table with Angie’s for dinner the night before a major running event. As expected, it was extremely busy and we were understanding of this.

We ordered 1 garlic bread as entree, 2 pizzas and 2 pastas at around 7:15pm. Anticipating a long wait, the family then went to the nearby park next to the lake for a play while I waited for the food.

Whilst waiting for the food, I observed a number of issues:

- An older couple next to us was served burnt garlic bread after others who came after them
- A younger couple had to chase down a waiter on several occasions about their food
- A blonde, older waitress interacting with customers with a fairly blunt attitude
- A lady with blue/purple dyed hair who also interacted with customers with a fairly blunt attitude

It was the lady with blue/purple dyed hair who we unfortunately found out was the owner, Angie because she came out to advise everyone there’s a big delay in the kitchen.

As a newcomer to the restaurant, I asked a question saying how long it will be and she advised “Do you want to know where the nearest McDonalds is” and “Where is your family” and suddenly walking off.

I was quite taken back by this attitude and decided to approach the other wait staff who was very polite and apologetic and said there’s not much they can do given she’s the owner.

To be honest, this is one of the worst interactions I’ve had with the owner of a restaurant and others sitting next to me, spoke to me and said how ridiculous her response was. Others also laughed and joked about the owner’s rude comments. Everyone was unsure what to make of this breakdown in service behaviour.

Moving on to the food, it wasn’t too bad. Pizzas and pastas were decent but nothing special and unfortunately, the garlic bread never came for us. When the food was served, the waiter actually took it to a different table and then came back asking us if this was our food. It was quite a funny moment.

In terms of the atmosphere, it was quite packed, rushed and the area we sat in created a glasshouse effect - There was no cooling so it was pretty warm. The wait staff seemed to work really hard but they seem to be overwhelmed and there is a definite issue with short staffing which Angie should aim to address.

At payment, I had a conversation with her saying the food was decent but the service wasn’t very pleasant. She didn’t really understand what I meant and made no attempts to apologise for her “McDonalds” approach. She did apologise for the garlic bread that never came. The meal came to around $120 which is fairly pricy given the quality, service and chaotic atmosphere.

Overall, if you’re after an Italian experience, avoid this place because it’s more of a takeaway diner badged up poorly as a restaurant. Poor service, chaotic environment and decent but ordinary food.

Talking to the other patrons, Bacco Italian is a better experience. It’s funny because we were going to go there first but they were booked out.

2  Thank Traveller_Shane

Well thank you ! Very difficult to satisfy all of our patrons in these difficult tiles ! We are all stretched as people don’t want jobs .... But we still try to please ! No fence to Baccos but I’ve been serving authentic Italian in Jindabyne since 1982 !!! Yes correct if you were not understanding then of course you upset me and my staff that are working very hard !!!!

Reviewed 12 February 2021

My wife, son and I now make sure Angie’s is always on our visit list when we come to Jindabyne. The staff are very welcoming and it is such an enjoyable experience eating there. Tonight we celebrated my birthday and I was made to feel very special.

If you are lucky enough to get the chance to try Angie’s Limoncello, we thoroughly recommend it. Hands down the smoothest we have ever tasted!

Thanks again - we will be back. Aaron, Gem and Thom

Date of visit: February 2021
Angie P, Owner at Angie's Italian Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2021

WOW Aaron Gemma And Thomas , Thanks ! Its always a pleasure to see you when you come to Jindabyne
Was a pleasure to make your birthday weekend a special one , I'll make sure that Charlie keeps the Limoncello flowing . See you again soon , Angie and Team .

Reviewed 7 February 2021

The gnocchi is absolutely amazing. Hasn’t changed over the ten+ years that we have been to Angie’s. Service was personable and friendly. To top it off, the limoncello was absolutely superb! Love the authentic and homemade Italian food. Best in town.

Date of visit: February 2021

Hey Nik , Thanks for your feedback . As long as its Angie's, Gnocchi cant change , lol . I'll make sure Charlies is onto the Limoncello ! 10 + is a loyal patron :-)