All reviews dip pool george hotel lane way lydiard st quiet room undercover parking off street parking central ballarat definitely stay here again excellent stay train station one night stay comfy bed noise mysteries blake flush
Reviewed 2 July 2018

Arrived at the hotel and were lucky enough to get a parking spot just outside hotel, especially as it was raining.
Went and checked in with the receptionist. Very nice young lady friendly and courteous. She explained very clearly the parking area we were to use which was located behind the hotel. We went to our room which was at the back of the hotel. The room was very well presented but felt a little closed in so I went down to the receptionist to ask if there was another room available preferably one with bigger windows and even overlooking the main street. We usually don't request main street as sometimes can be a bit noisier, especially on a weekend. We did hear a little bit of noise, but overall room was pretty quiet. Anyway she was happy to show me another room which was alot better and brighter. We upgraded to this room and was happy to pay the difference as room was nicer. The room had a nice fireplace with working fire which made the room nice and cosy. I think the reverse cycle air conditioner was having a few problems as it kept turning itself off. We ended up not using it at all.
The room was very clean, albeit the bed was a little lumpy and I felt the pillows probably needed updating.
We went out for the day and on returning our bed had not been made. I asked the young lady in the laundry was she still to do our room and would she like us to come back later. She said our room had been done. I asked "but the bed was still unmade." I was politely told that if we pull the covers up the bed doesn't get made. I must say I have stayed in a lot of hotels all over the world and have never come across this. She kindly offered to come and make the bed but I said "it was fine, but thank you for asking." I will say the rest of the room had been done which was good.
Overall we enjoyed our stay here.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 May 2018 via mobile

I booked in here as the price was reasonable and unlike many they hand free parking. My room was a good size , comfy bed and good wifi.

The service at checkin etc was very friendly and professional . Overall a good stay. My only comment would be that the air conditioning just didn’t get warm enough so I had to sit with blankets on to stay warm . The bed however had an electric blanket so that was welcome .

Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 January 2018

we had a marvellously decorated and appointed room with lovely walnut furniture, bath and shower, Car parking was at the rear, and there was a small dip pool and gym. we loved it and could not believe it was a Quality Inn as it seemed much more stylish. We did room only so could not comment on anything else, but would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: We were on teh front but had no prolems at all. it was interetsing overlooking the Mining building
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 January 2018 via mobile

Booked online at the last minute and luckily got the King Suite with spa for a New Years Eve stay.
Having stayed here 9 years ago it was good to see that it was still a top choice for us. It is above our normal budget but it is value for money.
We spent time next door at the George Hotel for drinks and then walking distance for a meal in town.
Very quiet room, clean, and the spa was perfect.
I would recommend staying here plus you get off street parking in the middle of Ballarat.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 November 2017 via mobile

This venue is accessible and in a convenient spot with car park and close to some nice restaurants.
The room I got felt small in space and a little vintage but more like my grandma picked that wall design. There was a lot of space for unnecessary items like a couple of tables and chairs in the room and a desk, there was also a very large bathroom, however not much space to make a cup of tea or to do the ironing and such.

Check in quick and the lady was friendly however the check in desk is separated from everything else as you go through a car park to get to the lifts that take you to your floor.
I rate this venue 3 stars due to:
The tv that sticks out of the wall is misaligned with the bed (the tv is to the left side) which I found not so comfortable. Also the bathroom looks just like a disabled bathroom with large spaces and bars to hold on to, etc... The ironing board cover was of cheap quality and leaves marks on your shirts...

Overall a good venue for a quick visit to Ballarat, however, I wouldn’t book long stays there.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business