All reviews art gallery lydiard street heritage charm beautiful old building front bar saturday night executive suite wood fired pizza rooms are small relaxing weekend modern facilities spent one night the ground floor lovely room reception area railway station great bed
Reviewed 9 April 2018 via mobile

Organised with Trevor rooms for two nights over our wedding weekend. He made everything so easy and pleased every guest on our list. Trevor Sarah and I thank you for all your help. All our guests made mention of you.

Graham.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 April 2018

My partner wanted to experience a stay in a period style hotel and selected this one when we noticed it during a previous stay in Ballarat. In short,we loved every minute of it.
Great staff, amenties were excellent and close to everything.
I loved the way it had been renovated while maintaining the feel and ambience. Very tastefully done.Room was first class and had no complaints. We liked that it was so close to cafe's and the main street. Parking was easy at the rear of the building.

I notice that some commented on the way the hotel is set out with many attached buildings but this is how they were. I was able to identify things such as the stabling area along with varying tack rooms and entry corridor. All very well incorporated into the hotel.This hotel is definitely worth a try. It represents everything I like about Ballarat.

Room Tip: Not sure, they all looked pretty good to us.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mb5155
Reviewed 22 March 2018

Trev, the manager was a hoot and very warm and helpful over the two days of our stay. The room was excellent with access to a magnificent balcony from which we were able to fully enjoy Ballarat's Whit Night festival. This hotel is highly recommended.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 21 March 2018

The rooms are small, but air conditioned. This is important in the summer time in Ballarat. The downstairs café is great for breakfast and lunch. You will be well fed and well taken care of by the staff.

Room Tip: Our room faced the inside corridor and not the street, so that may have been a factor.
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 February 2018

Having had a very long day in the office the receptionist at the George could not have been more heplful - even ordered my room service for me.
Just really friendly people and lovely rooms highly recommend.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business