All reviewscity parktitanium barrenovated roomshort stayreception staffcomfortable bedpleasant staycataract gorgebistrofootyminibarshampoofi
Reviewed 16 April 2018

The hotel is close to the CBD shops and across the road from a great park. It was a bit noisy at times with traffic. The room was very small especially the bathroom. The staff were very helpful. Parking was available.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
BusinessDevMngr, Manager at Hotel Launceston, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2018

Thank you for your review. We are pleased that you were happy with the location of the hotel and appreciated the free on-site parking.
Our 3 star rooms are well maintained and at the better end of 3 star comparable hotels, with the additional benefits of being within the same property as a 4 star hotel (Mercure Launceston), such as the use of our restaurant, Titanium Bar and Bistro. Thanks for your lovely comments regarding the service you received from our team. Thank you for choosing us.

Reviewed 7 April 2018

Value for money. Comfortable bed.
A bit noisy due to other hotel guests on the corridor but not the hotel's fault. They piped down at 10pm.
Across the road from City Park which is very restful.
Easy walking distance to all the attractions. we even walked to Cataract Gorge and back one day.
Ask staff about quiet internal rooms. Back rooms with open space around carpark good for parking car / access to car but are in open corridors - so can hear people walking up/ down the corridor. But no traffic noise.

Room Tip: Ask about the difference in price and location of internal vs back rooms
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review. We are delighted to hear that you appreciated the value for money that Hotel Launceston accommodation offers, and we appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with others. Thanks for your commentary regarding room positioning at the property. It's good to know that you took advantage of our location across the road from the lovely City Park, and took a walk to Cataract Gorge which is relatively close for such an outstanding natural place! We hope to welcome you back again.

Reviewed 5 April 2018

Our booking was with Mercure Launceston BUT we were allotted Hotel Launceston .... a poorer relation. The check in staff at the Mecure Reception were friendly and helpful. However the Hotel Launceston was somewhat of a disappointment. First of all access is via stairs ..... even though the lift from the Mercure takes you close by. You will always have to negotiate stairs. The rooms are clean .... but very old and tired. There was a notice saying the hotel is to be updated but no completion date. We stayed here twice ... one night at the beginning of our trip and two nights at the end. It's OK for an overnight stay but don't plan on using it as a base. The rooms are cramped and if you choose to sit outside you'll find yourself in a walk way.

Room Tip: They all have stairs to access rooms ,.... the car park is very steep so try and park at the back .... less stairs to negotiate.
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank TJandTM

Thank you for your review. We take all feedback seriously and use the opportunity to assess our operations and continuous improvement. I am extremely sorry for your disappointing experience with us.
We never allocate a Mercure Launceston booking to a Hotel Launceston room (unless of course it's by prior arrangement with the guest under very rare and exceptional occasions which we are the guest are aware of). I have tried to identify your reservation, in order to investigate the source of your booking and address any errors which may have caused this to happen. The Hotel Launceston 3 star rooms are well maintained, comfortable and at the better end of 3 star comparable hotels with the additional benefits of being within a 4 star hotel such as the use of Titanium Bar and Bistro.
For guests unable to comfortably navigate the two steps inside the door at the front entrance, our Reception staff can assist. The other option is our disabled entrance, at the rear of the front building, which has a ramp and lift access, therefore eliminating the need to use steps for entering and leaving the front building. If a guest ability necessitates no stairs whatsoever we would, or should have, addressed this had it been brought to our attention. Again, I'm sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us.

Reviewed 5 March 2018

Door in the room looked like someone had tried to pry it open with a crowbar. If i were in the U.S. I would have asked for a different room. Minibar is full but expensive -- don't use anything! If you want an airport shuttle, book well ahead of time. I asked the night before and couldn't get one. A/C works okay, and shower is adequate. In short, if you can find something else in that price range, I would do it. Not that great.

Stayed: February 2018
1  Thank 19Countries
BusinessDevMngr, Manager at Hotel Launceston, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2018

Thank you for your review. I am sorry that we did not meet your expectations. I note your comments regarding the door to the room, and will have this investigated, as we are concerned with keeping the maintenance of the facilities to a high standard. I'm sorry that you weren't able to secure a seat on the airport shuttle bus at this peak time of the year.

Reviewed 28 February 2018

Checkin was a nice and easy process and when I got to the room it was nothing amazing but I also wasnt expecting much for under $100 per night. It was very noisy being so close to traffic and also with foot traffic walking around and the walls are paper thin so you could hear everything through them. The fridge was super small so I struggled putting my own items in and the bin in the room was even smaller so a bigger bin would be handy otherwise keep a bag to put your trash in. The wifi worked for all of 5 minutes in the room and then I walked around the hotel trying to get reception to do work but the wifi just wouldnt connect and a few others had the same recurring problem as well. The pillows were super comfortable but the bed is on rollers so everytime i sat on the bed or got up from the bed it moved and not just a small amount. I couldnt even sit up in bed leaning on the backboard because the bed would move and create a gap between bed to wall. In the morning I went to breakfast (not prepaid) and it did take very a long time to get served and receive my food (I did go when there was 3 large tables who had just ordered) but the service provided was fantastic. I left in a rush due to needing to be at work so could only eat half the meal (due to time it took to be served) and had a few complications on checkout with my meals not being put onto the room so staff had to go and find the charges but all in it was an alright stay. I would probably stay again if I had to due to the location but it would not be in my top 5 choices.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled solo

Thank you for your review. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your breakfast dining and service experience in Titanium Bistro, and your check-in. I am sorry that there was a problem with your charged on check-out.
I've noted your commentary regarding the rooms, and have referred the trouble you had with the moving bed to our Housekeeping Supervisor to address. Our 3 star rooms are well maintained and at the better end of 3 star comparable hotels, with the additional benefits of being within the same property as a 4 star hotel (Mercure Launceston), such as the use of our restaurant, Titanium Bar and Bistro. Thank you for choosing us.