“Welcoming”
Review of The Cavill Hotel

Ranked #654 of 2,924 Restaurants in Gold Coast
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours
Description: Located at the heart of Surfers Paradise // Gastro pub, sports bar and hero offering TAB facilities and Gaming Lounge. Perfect place for lunch or dinner and specialist in functions & catering. Your next event is best spent with the amazing team at The Cavill Hotel. The Chefs specialise in fresh seafood, house made sauces & produce including pub favourites Chicken Parmy to the Signature Dishes 'Trio of Fish' to the 'Beef & Bug'. They are also home to the famous Bug Roll, Avocado Spaghetti, Pork Belly Bites and Bangkok Street Chicken. The kids are well looked after with a kids menu and the desserts are second to none and a perfect end to your dining experience with us. There is no dispute that The Cavill Hotel is certainly worth the experience.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Came into watch the poker on Tuesday & was served by Jesse and Jackson, had a few good laughs with Jackson and felt like we werent just ‘another paying customer’

Date of visit: May 2021
Write a reviewReviews (113)

Reviewed 11 April 2021 via mobile

We paid our tickets to go to a concert here on a Saturday night... as the covid restrictions it wasn’t allowed to dance so everybody were sitting enjoying the concert. A group of girls behind us starting being very nasty and pushing our chairs and insulting us, apparently they were upset coz they couldn’t see properly but instead of come and ask us to move a bit, they reacted badly and uneducated, we tried not to focus on them as we didn’t want to have any problem and tried to enjoy the concert but the surprise was when the staff came not even asking us what was happening and started screaming us with no masks... very unprofessional staff, beyond rude. We asked for the manager who refused to attend us and instead left the premises laughing... unreal. Very frustrating.
Won’t back here never again, that is what happens when you hire unprofessional kids to run your business.

Date of visit: April 2021
Reviewed 7 March 2021

Called in to the pokie room for a beer and a punt. Paid $7 for a POT of Hahn Superdry. Prompty left.......

Date of visit: February 2021
Nathan S, General Manager at The Cavill Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2021

Dear Wanderer,

I apologise that you felt that the price was an issue. I'd love for you to return so I can share with you the benefits of our members program that won't see you paying top dollar for food or beverage whilst earning great rewards. Give us another shot Wanderer, ask to speak with Nathan and I'll ensure you're experience with us is a more memorable and lasting experience.

Nathan Sudana
Venue Manager

Reviewed 21 February 2021 via mobile

The blondie girls outside of the place was so rude! We are all humans, I think there is a way to say things without being rude and bossy!!

Yesterday I was trying to get inside with my ID card from my country, that shows my age and clearly me on the picture but they didn’t accept. I could not get inside also after went back to my place with the uber bringing passport and all my documents ..
all the way from byron and be treated like this , thank you .....

Date of visit: February 2021
Nathan S, General Manager at The Cavill Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2021

Dear Claudio_063,

Thank you kindly for your review and I sincerely apologise that we did not meet our high level of customer satisfaction. Unfortunately, due to our venue being in a safe night out precient we require approved I.D. to scan before you are permitted entry.

I sincerely apologise again and welcome a conversation directly with me on (07) 3924 1990.

Nathan Sudana
Venue Manager

Reviewed 1 December 2020

Lovely setting. Great staff and our group of 6 each had great meals. The lamb salad was devine and the poke bowl looked to die for. Well done. Small little comment on the wine price list - it is totally crazy and makes no sense whatsoever in terms of the excessive charges for the larger served of wine (150/250ml). We had a good giggle about this as it was totally not in any way ratio relevant.... maybe needs relooking at. But, well done on the food and service! thank you.

Date of visit: November 2020
Nathan S, General Manager at The Cavill Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 December 2020

Dear Marion,
Thank you kindly for your review. It was sincerely our pleasure having you with us and we appreciate the kind feedback in relation to customer service and quality of food. We have adjusted the wine pricing and we look forward to seeing you back again soon.
Team Cavill Hotel