“Amazing food”
Review of Zona

Zona
Ranked #19 of 143 Restaurants in Orange
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Three of us booked dinner here and were not disappointed. The atmosphere was delightful with delicious food and wine. Highly recommend to anyone visiting Orange.

Date of visit: March 2021
Write a reviewReviews (108)

Reviewed 26 March 2021 via mobile

Neither the food nor the service was good. Cannot recommend this restaurant. Made reservation. On arrival no reservation found. Noisy. Food took long time to get to table. Drinks took even longer..

Date of visit: December 2020
Reviewed 6 March 2021

Quick trip to Orange without our kids had me searching for a restaurant and I came across Zona, I’ve been craving a delicious pasta but often ended up disappointed (either too oily or dry, not enough flavour ect). That did not happen at Zona.

Not only was the service we received very friendly and attentive but the food was to die for! We honestly have never eaten food as yummy as what we ate here (and we have eaten at some high end, award winning places).

I ordered the pesto linguine and my husband ordered the porchetta. Both meals were mouth watering delicious, cooked to absolute perfection. Amazing flavours and huge servings gave us leftovers to bring home!

We will come back to Orange just to eat at Zona again, thank you to all the wonderful staff for giving us such a wonderful and delicious night

Reviewed 2 March 2021

We had an amazing dinner experience at Zona in Orange. Pork belly was huge and delicious. The service was fantastic and the food was presented beautifully. The price was reasonable and was great value for money. If you are in Orange you must have a meal here but come prepared to loosen your belt.

Reviewed 31 December 2020 via mobile

First visited (and reviewed) same time last year. We enjoyed it then so booked Zona again this time. The house and grounds are still so stunningly beautiful. The service is friendly but very basic; orders taken and food eventually brought out. It’s still very noisy (some soft furnishings wouldn’t go astray) and furniture very uncomfortable. (Please get rid of those nasty plastic chairs!) The biggest disappointment was the huge change in menu. If you don’t want pizza or pasta, there’s not a lot of other choice. It seems the menu has changed from eclectic to Italian. I wasn’t really interested in anything from this new menu so ordered a margherita pizza. It tasted ok but sauce was too sweet, cheese was odd (very dry) and the base seemed very dense. My son enjoyed his porchetta and the barramundi was deemed good. The chips looked and tasted like frozen oven fries. What a difference a year makes! I’ve given this visit 3 stars but I’d really like to give it 2.5. This venue has so, so much potential. It could be a beautiful fine dining establishment but it really doesn’t know what it is. What a shame.

Date of visit: December 2020