All reviews room was clean would stay again bit dated steep hill walking distance buffet breakfast an upgrade hotel room stayed one night pleasant stay centre of town three nights octagon balcony conference channels laundry
Reviewed 19 July 2018 via mobile

Hotel was ok, we just needed something open late as our flight arrived at midnight. The bed was very soft and the heater was noisy.

The location is quite good, only a short stroll to the Octogon. There isn’t much on-site parking, but we found a spot on the street and left early the next day

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Tracy K, Assistant Manager at Kingsgate Hotel Dunedin, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2018

Hi there,

Thanks very much for taking the time to review our property. I am glad that you found our 24 hour reception helpful when you needed to check in late, and that you enjoyed our excellent inner-city location. Unfortunately because we are so centrally located, we do have limited on-site car parking. I apologise for the noise of the heater, I will get maintenance to look into this and get it fixed.

Thanks very much

Reviewed 15 July 2018

Very disappointed with this hotel. Had booked for 3 adults but room was only made up for 2. Had to wait for extra bed to be put in as well as extra cups etc.. After a long day of traveling this was very upsetting as we just wanted to have dinner and rest.
Stay in other hotels were better value for money. This was very expensive in comparison.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Tracy K, Assistant Manager at Kingsgate Hotel Dunedin, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2018

Hi there,

I sincerely apologise for the issue that you encountered on check in. I will personally address this with my Front Office team and make improvements to our systems to make sure this doesn't happen again in the future. Thank you for passing on this feedback, I really appreciate you letting us know.

Reviewed 12 July 2018

The staff at this hotel make the place. They were so lovely, friendly and helpful. The Junior suite was spacious and comfortable with a lovely view across the city. Often hotel bathrooms are pokey and cramped - but not here, spacious, room to put toiletries and room to move. The ceilings need attention with that horrible roughed up texture that was cracked around the edges and there was the lack of light - it was gloomy and at times hard to see (bathroom OK) In saying that the lovely staff, spaciousness and comfortable bed certainly outweighed any minor niggles.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business

Hi there,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our property. I am really glad that you enjoyed the excellent customer service from our staff members. We really pride ourselves on being friendly and helpful. I am also glad that you enjoyed the spaciousness of the Junior Suite that you stayed in. I will pass on the other feedback to our maintenance manager and try to make improvements in these areas going forward.

Thank you very much, we hope to see you again next time you are visiting Dunedin

Reviewed 1 July 2018

I had a 3 night stay while I was in town for a conference. At first I had only booked two nights by mistake, but when I called the hotel, the lady who answered was super helpful and gave me a third night at the same rate even though it was just the day before arrival.

I arrived late in the evening because my plane was delayed, so when I got there the restaurant was closed which was sad because I was so hungry. Seraphina on reception checked me in and explained that room service was still available. When I got to my room I was surprised as I had been upgraded to a lovely junior suite! It was very spacious and had a lovely big bathroom with a bathtub. I was so happy. When I ordered room service Seraphina took my order, made it and then brought it up to my room. She even made a return trip to bring me ice cream and soy milk when I requested these. She was amazing and seems to run the hotel by herself at night time, but was always super friendly and helpful. I ate dinner in the restaurant the following night which was really good quality and great value for money I thought. All the staff were friendly and helpful, and the bed was so comfy. I slept better than I do at home. Would definitely stay again and recommend to others.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business

Hi there,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our property. I am so glad that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay, especially the excellent customer service from our staff and the good quality of the food in Jimmy Cooks Kiwi Kitchen. I appreciate you recognising Seraphina as an outstanding staff member, I will pass this feedback on to her also.

Thanks so much, we hope to see you again next time you are in Dunedin

Reviewed 15 June 2018

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with MillenniumHotels.com