Open today: 10:00 AM - 4:30 PM
Review Highlights
Fun and Interesting for Families

A very cool historical reconstructed town with lots of different places of interest. We spent hours... read more

Reviewed 23 August 2018
TravelWhanau
Wellington, New Zealand
Wedding in a Historic Setting

My wife and I were here last March for the wedding of my cousin. It was held at the Friendly... read more

Reviewed 3 days ago

from US$19.90
from US$19.90
from US$39.20
More Info
All reviews steam train period costume fire engine tram ride colonial village model railway the double decker history buff entry cost great family day on display all ages new zealand great fun great place to visit couple of hours volunteers
Reviewed 25 April 2017

i wasnt that keen on going to ferrymead but once there i was most impressed wot an awsum place to spend the day, tram, train ride excellent food and plenty of yesteryear to checkout, this place is a must visit

Reviewed 25 April 2017 via mobile

Great day out for the kids. Spend at least 2 hours here going back in time. Great tram ride around park. Worth the entrance fee paid.

1  Thank bernardrenee2016
Reviewed 16 April 2017

Excellent heritage experience, trains and trams plus outdoor scenery all enjoyable. Child friendly, lots of open space and interesting features.

Reviewed 7 April 2017

For fifty years now, Ferrymead Heritage park has been collecting & displaying an interactive experience of yesteryear. When I was about 5 years old all the children in Christchurch took sixpence (5 cents) to school to help buy a steam train. It had been decommissioned and was ready for putting out to pasture. 50 years on, and that train we bought has been running rides regularly on special days, and it was my priviledge to go on a ride last Sunday - Steam Sunday. The rides were unlimited for the entrance fee.
I hadn't been to the park for nearly 20 years, but from the time I entered until the time I left, I thoroughly enjoyed myself. There must be about 35 different exhibits, including working trains, trams, & trolley buses, Edwardian houses & shops, model trains in diorama, the largest display of old fire engines, aeroplanes from my childhood and before, and so much more. We were invited to take high tea & enjoy a show in a period theatrette - quite enchanting, then wander past quaint bantams & a feisty rooster. There were many children enjoying the train & tram rides, although it could be tiring for them to walk around the whole park. We were there for about 4 hours and managed to get around everything. Best to bring lunch - plenty of areas to picnic in. Cameras are a must, and comfortable shoes. Not good in wet or cold weather, unless visiting the inside exhibits.

1  Thank northbeachgirl2015
Reviewed 29 March 2017

Nostalgia and you might learn something. Shows how we used to live and the difference in size of homes from then to now - much larger families then too. Interesting attractions but great when there is something on.