All reviews rooms are basic one night heater accommodation reception
Reviewed 9 June 2018

Super helpful and friendly staff. The room was your typical motel room with a double bed that was as I expected and basic amenities. The hot water in the shower was instant and the pressure great. The room is old and daggy, but what you see in the pics is what you get and for the price, I was perfectly happy. An extra special thank you to the staff who turned the heating on for me before my arrival (which was late due to flights). The room was cosy and clean.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 May 2018 via mobile

This is not a review about accommodation it's about the restaurant.

I was taken a little by surprise by the restaurant that has taken over from the familiar buffet restaurant that was here. While I appreciate that it was institution it's good to see that the hotel has moved on

The restaurant is delightful, the staff excellent and the food also very good.

While the focus on the menu for me was on pizza which I had and really enjoyed my wife had a side of roast vegetable salad and beef stroganoff spaghetti which were also excellent.

Not your usual line up on a menu but good things to choose from. All reasonably priced and great tasting.

Will I go back definitely.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 March 2018

Average motel with an average price, very good staff behind the desk and a good restaurant and bar.
Stayed 4 nights ate a both restaurants and local Coasters bar down the street, the food was OK nothing to write home about just value for money.
Yes the rooms are of an older style but everything worked, they are clean and tidy.thats all we ask. would stay again.

Room Tip: try to get a room as far as possible from main rd. end
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
SequoiaTheRedwood, Owner at The Redwood, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2018

Thank you.

Reviewed 12 March 2018 via mobile

Stayed here for one night. Staff were friendly and the room was pretty standard for a motel. I would recommend maybe getting some ventilation or a fan in the bathroom. Lots of parking when we were there. Would say that you need a car to get to the main CBD area of Christchurch.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 February 2018 via mobile

I will not stay here again.
The motel room was tired and long overdue to be renovated.
The shower had seen better days and was extremely doudy. (Good water preasure however)
Had dinner in the pizza bar and will never go there again or recomend its food. (Thats if you could call it that)
We had fish and chips. I did not think anyone could stuff this up - but these guys did. It is and will be for a long time the worse food I have been charged for.
I am sure my dog would turn its nose up at it.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
SequoiaTheRedwood, Owner at The Redwood, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2018

Our accommodation is very well priced and affordable. I am very sorry that your experience in our new restaurant was disappointing. This restaurant has been open 9 months & yours is the first negative comment we have had. We are very disappointed. We have had rave reviews about the food. I have looked into the situation that day and have spoken to all staff concerned. I am confident this will never happen again! It would be really helpful to us if you would speak to the staff if you have a negative experience. We value the opportunity to put things right and make your experience positive. We are disappointed we didn't have this opportunity. Our deep apologies and thank you for your feedback.