All reviewswestfield shopping mallbedroom apartmentminute walkwalking distanceplunger coffeemain roadshower pressuresmall kitchenettecomfortable bedthe ground floorgood sizetwo nightscity centrericcartonmotelairportsupermarket
Reviewed 28 September 2015

We spent close to 2 weeks in South Island, staying at luxury resorts and luxury lodges and spent our last night here so that we could be close to the airport for a morning flight. Whilst this was not luxury, it was much more than what I expected of a motel. We were upgraded to a one room apartment which was very clean and had almost everything you would need except for bathrobes and slippers. Even the luxury lodges didn't provide slippers so this is not a criticism against this property.

There was a small kitchenette and living room, more than adequate shower with huge bottles of lotions, not the little bottles that even the luxury properties offered. There was lots of tea, coffee and cookies (4 packs - most properties offered only one) and even Milo satchets (we never saw any in any of the properties we stayed at the whole trip).

The bed was very clean and comfortable enough. I would stay there again if I were ever back in Christchurch for a night and needed someplace clean and comfortable.

Service was good too. When we checked in, we went to the room and noticed the sink was not draining well. We informed reception, went out for a golf game, and when we returned, there was a signed note by Marco saying he had fixed it at a certain time. What's there not to be happy about?

One thing though - internet was advertised to be free so I logged in when we checked in. When we returned, I got the message that it was only a one time log in for multiple devices. We were too tired to figure out how that worked so checked the box to pay $5 for additional use per device. Perhaps if we had checked they may have sorted it out but we never got to find out.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 September 2015

I have stayed at this motel about 4 or 5 times now because of the great location, comfortable bed and modern, warm units. Particularly in winter, a room that is quick to heat and stays warm is very important to me. The only thing that could improve my stay is a daily newspaper, although this may have been available if I had asked - I am not sure.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 16 September 2015 via mobile

Good motel near Riccarton Mall in Christchurch, we stayed for 1 night and found the room very clean and comfy and service was good. Would recommend due to location for the mall. We got the room with the hot tub which was nice and relaxing before our long flight.

Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 September 2015

great two bedroom room with pretty everything you'd need.
Enjoyed the stay, great bathroom and TVs to distract the four of us that stayed. Really close to Riccarton mall do was able to walk and shop. When I booked the room online the pricing was an excellent price compared to the others in the same vicinity but when my husband checked us in, the guy said we could upgrade for an extra $10. When we got up to the room there was nothing different from what was listed on my email to the "upgrade" provided so that soured the experience for me.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 12 September 2015 via mobile

I recently moved here at Christchurch and this was the accommodation provided by my employer. I was booked here for 2 weeks and I had an amazing time!

There's fresh towels, coffee,
tea, chocolate drink, cookies provided everyday.

Clean room, laundry facility, very spacious, wifi and skyTV. You have a
mini kitchen wherein everything is provided like - microwave, toaster, utensils, plates, refrigerator, etc.

Walking distance to Westfield,
excellent location. Staff are friendly! Marco, my host, has been very helpful and he would go extra mile to make sure everything is well taken care of. I will miss this place and I will definitely recommend this to everyone.

Stayed: September 2015, travelled solo