All reviewscoloured lightsfree wifispa bathroom was cleantown centreheat pumpsky tvone night staybedroom unitthe kitchenwalking distancegreat bathroomcold nightwould stay here againguest laundryminute walkgreat accommodation
Reviewed 26 June 2018

We've stayed here twice and enjoyed the experience on both occasions. Acapulco is a reasonably priced motel, a short walking distance from the lake and down-town Taupo. The rooms are comfortable, clean and quiet. maintaining a pleasant room temperature was easy and the option to have fresh air is always welcome. The beds are comfortable. The cooked breakfast, which was included in the price, was pretty standard but generous. The staff made the checking-in process very easy. Great overnight or short stay motel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room back from the road
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 June 2018

Very quiet and clean unit, which was comfortable. The unit we had was a bit old and outdated which resulted in the layout of furniture to be a bit akward so it wasn't a very comfortable unit. Mind you it was ok for one night stay. Parking was tight but right outside unit.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 June 2018

I have stayed at this Motel quite a number of times and it is so nice to be remembered. Not only was my heating on and curtains closed but they remembered that I like ice in my icebox to have with my bourbon when I arrive. Every time I have stayed I have had fantastic service, nothing is a problem. Even the cleaning staff are amazing. I stayed for two nights on my last visit and let the cleaner know that I had made my bed and had washed my dishes as I headed out for the day. She graciously thanked me and said that she was more than happy to do these tasks as it was her job so that I could enjoy my holiday more. Lovely. This is a family owned business and extremely well priced. I will be continuing to stay at this motel on future visits.

Room Tip: All ground level, some have spa baths, all have heat pumps.
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 June 2018 via mobile

- Room was clean and super comfortable.
- Bathroom was spotless. I think they were newly renovated cz everything looked sparkling new. We had the spa studio. The water pressure is to die for. Jacuzzi was great. I love the bathroom the most!
- kitchen area is functional.
- Many Tv channels for selection.
- Room makers were super nice. We left our key on the door over night and they knocked on our door to inform this to us. So reckless of us! Friendly receptionists too.
- only downside is the wifi. The free wifi is just like having no wifi at all. A bit weird cz i think there were only a few cars around so there should be less people. But wifi is just terrible. So missing one star cz of the wifi.

Overall stay was excellent and me and my husband enjoyed it so much. Would def recommend a friend but would remind them of the wifi issue.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank onewsjuliette92
Reviewed 30 May 2018 via mobile

Loved staying here had a huge spa attached to our room needed to leave my partners work van in taupo so we could head to Napier the next day not a problem park it here for the weekend. We loved our stay here so much we stayed on the Sunday night and switched our room to accommodate all of us no worries awesome service we will definitely be back

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family