“Average food, terrible service ”

The Gulmohar Indian Restaurant
Ranked #185 of 427 Restaurants in Hamilton
Reviewed 29 June 2018 via mobile

I would give this no stars if I could. Not bad curries, however have to say my experience ordering takeaways was appalling. Rude staff and long waits. The restaurant was half full when I arrived around 7.15pm to order some takeaways. I ordered 2 curries and some naan, the waitress said it would be about a 15min wait. I had a discount voucher, but was told I wasn’t able to use it if I was ordering a takeaway. I placed the order anyway, and by that stage a second waitress came over and told me the wait would be 45 min, after I had paid. They wouldn’t give me a refund as the order had already been placed w the kitchen, so I sat and waited for my food. When I relooked at the receipt, I realised I had been charged for a third curry. When I asked for a refund for that they were extremely rude, I was told they didn’t have cash and couldn’t refund to my card, but they would transfer $ to my bank account after service that night... dodgy! Needless to say I waited an entire hour for 2 average curries, and have never seen a refund. Pretty poor experience, crap customer service, we won’t be returning.

Date of visit: June 2018

Reviewed 4 February 2018

Used to be Indian Aroma and now Gulmohar.
The dishes are smaller when you eat in.
the take away was a let down. Far less in the containers than
when you eat in.
there are so many curry places in town. Don't think we will return.

Reviewed 24 January 2018

Loads of Indian restaurants in Hamilton - this is one of the better ones. Always good fresh food and the service is fine. But how can they pull saag paneer from their new menu? Well I suppose it does demonstrate they do change their menu occasionally.

Reviewed 23 January 2018 via mobile

The food is excellent!!. I really like my food Indian hot and they never disappoint . I especially like the dal fry and the amritsari chicken which is cooked to perfection. I would definitely recommend this place for a great Indian meal.

Reviewed 31 December 2017 via mobile

Been to a lot of Indian restaurants worldwide. This is just as good as any. Most notably their sauces are nice, full, thick, flavoursome! Excellent service. Reasonably priced! Good with kids.

Date of visit: December 2017