Lowest prices for your stay
Free cancellation until 30/04/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
ExpediaUS$45
Trip.comUS$45
Agoda.comUS$45
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 22 February 2021

Thank you Rochelle, Ethel, Liz and all the beautiful staff. I was truly and suitably impressed with my stay at your hotel. First class in every respect, convenient location my room was immaculately clean and serviced. As for the service I could only describe it as being absolutely flawless. Consummate in every respect.

Room tip: Clean, first class
Date of stay: February 2021
Reviewed 12 January 2021 via mobile

Average stay, nothing too special. Provides all the standard requirements. If you’re looking for something cheap and in the city, this is the place to go. The customer service here is great, there was an issue with the booking and they sorted that issue quickly.

Date of stay: January 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 January 2021

TL;DR - stayed at the hotel for a week, left some stuff with them for safekeeping but it was gone when I came back to stay with them after being away for 5 days.

Stay was alright the first time I stayed. I couldn't control the air conditioning and it could only be done by the main controls. So I had to call the reception to solved that for me. Happened another time before I had full control of the air conditioning in the room.

First stayed in a room with a double / queen bed (actually just 2 single beds pushed together to become one bed) on the 8th floor. Had a great view of the Auckland Sky Tower however, the ventilator in the bathroom was really noisy. Closing the door helps a little with the noise but it's not too bad.

The fire alarm went off on one of the nights and we had to gather outside the hotel and only allowed back after the firemen gave the all clear. From other reviews, it seemed like this is not the first time it has happened so it could be other guests who are smoking in the room.

When I checked out, I gave very specific instructions to the man (not sure of the name or race but he seems Indian) at the desk that I'm in a rush to catch a flight and I've left some items in the room (yes I did specify what items and how many) and if they would please keep it safe for me until I come back to stay with them which is 5 days later. The receptionist agreed and I made sure he understood what I was saying before I left.

When I came back to stay with them 5 days later, I asked the receptionist (another man, also seems Indian) about my stuff so I can bring it up with me. He replied that he have no idea what I'm talking about and to ask the staff in the morning the next day. THAT, is not how a service staff should behave or reply. I pressed on and told him I left specific instructions and again, he said he doesn't know anything and to check with the staff in the morning on the next day.

This just shows lack of teamwork and communication between the team and also zero accountability on the staff.

Next morning, I checked with the receptionist in the morning, Rochelle. She apparently knows what I'm talking about and she checked with her colleague (that I left instructions with) and the housekeeping team. Housekeeping just replied "no idea" and "I don't know" but I appreciate that Rochelle kept trying to find out and resolved it instead of just brushing it aside like her other colleague when I checked-in. She told me she will find out and then get back to me and I left to go about my business for the day.

When I got back in the evening, I asked the receptionist (same man who checked me in), if Rochelle gave him any update about my missing items. Again the response was a blank look and "I don't know anything" so I'm not sure what's going on between the staff. However, it's very clear that the lack of communication is causing some inconvenience to the guest and I'm definitely hoping the hotel management sorts this out as this is affecting the guests' stay and experience.

Conclusion about my items, it had been disposed of so again, lack of communication between staff and departments gave me a very bad experience and my items thrown away instead of keeping it for me as I have specifically requested and agreed upon.

There was no service recovery on the hotel part, just an apology from Rochelle.

On NYE, I gave the 'I don't know anything' receptionist a huge box of strawberries that I picked as a 'thank you' for working through the holidays and told him to share it with the staff and everyone. I met Rochelle the next day and asked if she enjoyed the strawberries but apparently she never got it. But I'll give the benefit of doubt as maybe they are not allowed to receive food items from guests for whatever reasons and it might have been disposed of the moment I gave it to him.

Anyway, 2nd room I booked for was a twin room with a great view of the Auckland Sky Tower. The ventilation in the bathroom this time was better but there was no toilet paper holder. The hair dryer also can only be used for about 2 minutes before it would stop working and only after waiting for a few minutes, it would work again for another 2 minutes.

Brought this issue up to Rochelle and she said she would send someone to have a look. I'm not sure if it happened or not as I left to go about my business for the day but when I came back, the same issue was happening with the hair dryer.

The kettle in the room this time was also placed right below the clothes hanger so if you wish to boil water, you'd have to remove all the clothes you have hanging there.

Electrical sockets were also not very strategically placed in the twin room as compared to the room with the double bed. My friend couldn't charge her phone beside her bed and we had to remove the bedside table for her to stretch awkwardly over if she wants to use her phone while charging.

Also a point to note, in the room with a double bed, there was a bedside lamp and a light in the room with dual switches. One above the bed and the other by the door so it's convenient to switch off the light when you want to go to bed. However, in the twin room, the only light switch was by the door so if you're alone sleeping in this room and you pick the bed in the far corner, better have a torch with you or risk fumbling around in the dark.

There is a washing machine and a dryer located on the 6th floor. $3 per machine (specifically a $2 and a $1 for each machine). Laundry powder can be purchased from the reception.

This hotel is located in a great location. Easily accessible to many places in the city and the CBD by bus or walking. The Sky Bus that comes from the airport drops you off 10 minutes away and the stop for the Sky Bus is just across the hotel. Also a point to note that the hotel gave me the wrong information about the timings for the Sky Bus so it's better to check with the bus company. (Strange that hotel staff does not know information like these)

Wi-Fi is available at the hotel but you need to register your email address or phone number and you would get 5GB of data a day.

Understand that this is a 3-star hotel and I get what I pay for. However, the experience should at least be decent and we should be receiving basic guest services from the staff. Things going missing despite specific instructions to keep them and receptionist agreeing to do so is definitely not part of the 3-star experience. Lack of teamwork and communication is not as well. The only person that seems to be trying to provide decent or better service as compared to her colleagues at the hotel is Rochelle.

2  Thank fernyys
Reviewed 24 December 2020

My gf and I booked this hotel through Air bnb on 24/12 afternoon.
When I was trying to check in Indian receptionist said the booking got lost and he could not find it.
I showed him my Air bnb booking through my phone and told him I paid for it and my booking was confirmed, however he told me that he still cannot find my booking. After a waiting he gave me a room but told me to provide my credit card for the excess fee. If I booked a hotel providing credit card is a normal process but as I booked it via Air bnb I asked him why I need to provide my credit card to him.
He said that it’s to be safe, which was unpleasant.
After check in it was disappointing to see that he gave me the room which I didn’t book for so had to make a complaint about it, after the complaint he changed the room but still wasn’t the room I originally booked for.
The room we were staying was very loud so I asked for a another room but the receptionist said that all the walls are thin in the hotel so he cannot help it.
As i have been working in hospitality industry for a long time it was truly disappointing to see the staff’s pathetic reaction, he should have addressed the issue more professionally.
despite of missing booking and all the inconvenience my gf and i experienced he seems like he did not care at all.
If you want to experience pathetic hospitality service this place will be the best.
Worst staff and hotel i ever encountered in the world truly disappointing, staff should be trained more professionally and properly.
Rather stay in the backpacker

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 December 2020

Manpreet was the after hours custodian of two hotels when I tried to check in. He was an amazing gentlemen and handled the stress of multiple issues and phone calls seamlessly. Many thanks to him and his incredible hospitality, I'm sure he will go far in the industry

Trip type: Travelled solo