Hotels.com
Expedia
Agoda.com
Trip.com
FindHotel
All reviews pitt street table tennis mini fridge comfortable stay floor dryer toilet laundry
Selected filters
Reviewed 18 December 2020

We had 4 x 6 bed dorm room booked for our grand daughters softball team by our softball association, after booking in one group went up to there room to find an elderly man sitting in there, it took over an hour and a half to get it sorted.
The children did enjoy playing the games (pool, table tennis, board games ) downstairs
We weren’t very impressed being woken by a couple of guests having a domestic argument and the grumpy old man in one of the rooms next to ours who kept searing and slamming the doors...
Parking is a joke.

Date of stay: December 2020
Reviewed 4 November 2019 via mobile

Booked the private single room for two nights at Pitt Street. The room, bathroom and toilet are clean and new. Bedroom comes with fan, heater, table, chair, small wardrobe, mini fridge (that is cold but makes quite a bit of a humming noise), bedside lamp, warm blanket and bath towel. There is also a kitchen and laundry ($4 per use for washer or dryer.) Hot and drinking water dispensers are available. Buffet breakfast can be pre-ordered at $8 upon check in. The bathroom and toilet may not be available on the floor you are staying, depending on your gender (single gender in alternate floors.)

The only slight beef is that the pillow, like the walls, is a little thin. But all in all, a great and comfortable stay.

Date of stay: November 2019
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Mark G
ymcaaccommodation, Manager at YMCA Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2019

Dear Mark,
Thank you for your lovely and detailed feedback. I am pleased to know that you found our room to be comfortable and functional. I have already asked the housekeeping manager to replace the pillow in your room.
We hope you enjoyed your time in Auckland and look forward to welcoming you back at the hostel soon.
Regards,

Reviewed 19 September 2019 via mobile

Hi I stayed at this hostel like a month ago but since I’ve been travelling I forgot to write a review before. This place still no nice and affordable to stay. I like the convenience of the location which works great for me! The last time I stayed at the hotel (I think like two years ago) was the reason why I came back. Nice and friendly staff. I just remember last time I got to talk to a manager called Aline, I’m pretty sure she was Brazillian, but I didn’t see her his time. I just wanted to say hi and tell her I went back just like I promised.
I recommend this place 100%

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Travelled with friends
ymcaaccommodation, Manager at YMCA Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2019

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your feedback. I am pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay at the hostel and found our hostel to be value for money, centrally located and nice. It is great to know that you came back because you received excellent customer service last time you came. Unfortunately, Aline does not work with us anymore however, we will certainly pass on your regards should she pop in someday.
We hope you had a pleasant journey back home and look forward to welcoming you back at the hostel.
Regards

Reviewed 23 August 2019

I came 6 months ago and I have traveled throughout all of New Zealand and I have to say YMCA is hands down the best hostel all around, I think I have spent over 2 months at the YMCA hotel in 20 Pitt St during multiple stays this year in between road trips.

it was a great decision to stay at the YMCA for many reasons, first of all I made many good friends from all over the world, went on pub crawls, played pool, table tennis and other games in the open area. Got together with friends for a great BBQ afternoon in the outdoor grill which is always clean and functional just like other ammenities such as the showers, laundry, bathrooms, wifi, kitchen, massive gym, etc.

The staff in the reception area are friendly and seem happy all the time!! They were very helpful whenever I had questions or needed help with personal experiences such as car rentals or travel tips and much more. The cleanig crew is absolutely great. I have never seen a cleaner hostel.
I will definitely stay at YMCA whenever I find myself in Auckland!

Date of stay: July 2019
Trip type: Travelled solo
ymcaaucklandhostel, Manager at YMCA Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2019

Dear Baumhau,
Thank you so much for a wonderful feedback. I am really happy to see that we were able to provide you with a great experience and excellent customer service during your stay at the YMCA Hostel. Since the past 2 years, we have been striving hard to make our hostel a fun, clean and safe place to stay for all our guests. I am pleased to see that our efforts are bearing fruit. I am glad you acknowledged our hard working team who is extremely committed and always ready to go the extra mile.
We wish you safe travels for your next destination and look forward to welcome you back at the hostel when you are in Auckland next.
Warm Regards,

Reviewed 15 June 2019

Really nice hostel with funny and very kind people. Close to the city, CBD, and to K´Road.
Room was nice and very clean, price was also excellent.
Just in the night it was sometimes too noisy, because of the fire station and a night club on the weekend.
Only negative point is the internet is very expensive.

Date of stay: March 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank eagle4853
ymcaaucklandhostel, Manager at YMCA Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2019

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your feedback. I am very pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay at the hostel and found our property to be centrally located, clean, value for money and staffed with friendly and kind staff. We have a great team at the hostel who are very passionate towards hospitality. I am definitely going to communicate your kind words to the entire team.
I am sorry you were disturbed due to the city noises however, these noises are beyond our control.
We hope you enjoyed your time in Auckland and we look forward to see you back at the hostel soon.
Regards,