Ways to Experience The Colonial Tramcar Restaurant
More Info
from US$159.80
More Info
3,324 results
All reviews early dinner tram car chef john chef dot course meal st kilda dining experience cooked to perfection special occasion unique experience cheese platter panna cotta wonderful night albert park food and wine melbourne experience visiting melbourne
Reviewed 3 June 2018 via mobile

Lived in Melbourne for nearly 35 years, must say Tramcar restaurant is not something ever crossed my mind. Last year a friend gave me a gift voucher as a birthday present, finally got around booked in for a early dinner with my family.

On board, every inch is covered in red velvet and retro lamps, remind me of Agatha Christie's Murder on Orient Express setting. Although the dinner menu is not trendy, offers Chicken or Steak like your standard wedding reception, is actually pretty good, Chicken was tender, Steak not over cooked, still rare in the middle. Wine, beer, basic spirits are included in the price.
Service was exceptional, from the minute we arrived at the tram stop to the end, everything runs like clockwork, our French waitress Celine was friendly and super efficient, I am impressed with the whole expreience.

Tramcar R, Reservations Consultant at The Colonial Tramcar Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2018

Hi shtarker2016,
Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review!
We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your experience with us.
I will be sure to pass on your kind words to Celine.
Hopefully we will see you again soon!
Erin | Reservations

Reviewed 31 May 2018

Arriving from the States in the morning, we were ready for a relaxing, early dinner. We had just that on the Colonial Tramcar. The timing was perfectly paced for a leisurely dinner. The wait staff members were friendly and attentive. The old time trolley atmosphere was very pleasnat, and it gave us our first glimpse ar parts of Melbourne.

Reviewed 30 May 2018 via mobile

It was a fabulous experience. The waiter was great, and the food was fantastic. I would highly recommend this to everyone visiting Melbourne. We went a lunch time but I imagine that dinner is just as good.

Hi Alice,
Thank you for your kind words!
We're thrilled to read you had such a great experience with us on aboard the Colonial Tramcar Restaurant.
Hopefully we can welcome you back on board for a dinner service soon!
Erin | Reservations

Reviewed 29 May 2018 via mobile

The restaurant is flexible to cater to our schedule change and we are thankful for that.

Excellent service and great food. A unique experience if you have not done this before.

Highly recommended!!!

Reviewed 27 May 2018 via mobile

Had a couple of issues they were late starting and when the young girl with a accent was doing check ins completely ignored us checked the people in next to us then looked at us walked past us then checked the people next to us her response when we approached her to check in was she thought we were waiting for the bus (at the tram pick up? Huh????)
This is the type of thing you do once then never again went constantly up and down the same streets. Food was nice but for some reason I had the smallest steak compared to other people at the table I’m talking tiny.
Our server was so nice and super friendly she was a highlight. Go spend your money at a nice restaurant not here.

Tramcar R, Manager at The Colonial Tramcar Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2018

Dear Rowhotravels,

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience.

I am sorry to read that there was some confusion during your check in, and I apologise that you felt ignored by our staff member.

Our route of travel varies from day to day depending on traffic, roadworks, and other events that can impact access to tram tracks. The route that we follow is determined by Yarra Trams just prior to departure, as they need to ensure that our trams can travel at a leisurely pace without impacting the wider public transport network. We always follow the most scenic route available, however as we share tracks with the city’s public trams we can be diverted to any area of the city with little to no notice.

I am surprised to read that you found your steak to be small compared to your fellow diners. Our steaks are pre-portioned so that there is never more than a 5 gram difference between them. Due to the nature of different cooking preferences, well-done steaks can shrink and appear smaller than ones that are more rare. Our chef would have been more than happy to replace your steak or give you a second one if you had notified them that you were unsatisfied with the size of your meal.

I'm glad that your server was the highlight of your evening! Your kind feedback will be passed along to our Front of House team.

Once again thank you for providing feedback about your time aboard. Should you choose to travel with us again please feel free to contact me directly at reservations@tramrestaurant.com.au as I would be more than happy to personally oversee your reservation.

Kind regards,