“There is no better”

Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Chinatown
Reviewed 13 September 2018 via mobile

The Flowerdrum is simply amazing. The atmosphere and decor is elegant and exudes Chinese charm. The staff are attentive but not in your face, nothing is a problem. The menu is vast, something for everyone, including the young. Saying this, the Flowerdrum is fine dining so it isn’t cheap. I have eaten at Silks on a few occasions and I far prefer Flowerdrum for the quality of food, atmosphere and ambiance.

Date of visit: September 2018
Write a ReviewReviews (1,201)

Reviewed 11 September 2018 via mobile

It will not be the cheapest restaurant that you have ever sat in but it will easily be one of the best that you have ever enjoyed.

Is it the same each time that you visit? Yes.
Is the food as good each time you visit? Yes.
Can you think of a better, quality restaurant? No.

Oh, guess that I better save up and go again !! Yes

Love this place ❤️

Reviewed 11 September 2018 via mobile

Went back tonight just the two of us. This is still one of the best restaurants in Australia & probably the best Chinese restaurant in the Southern Hemisphere. I have been coming here for 30 years or so & each time I come back it’s like coming home. Fabulous food & impeccable service. Expensive but worth every dollar.
Hopefully I will be back many more times.
Cheers, Peter Hugall Perth Western Australia.

1  Thank PeterHL
Reviewed 6 September 2018

My friend and I had lunch at Flower Drum during a tour of Australia and is was one of our favorite meals here. It is a bit tricky to find, hidden down a small "lane" (aka alley) off the main street but it is well worth the effort. You go up to the second floor dining room and it is beautiful. The tables are well spaced allowing for privacy and they have a great wine list. The menu is very extensive offering something for everyone and the waiter is very helpful at recommending dishes to compliment your old favorites. We started with some steamed and pan fried dumplings - the duck dumpling was outstanding. Then we moved on to Peking Duck (they assembly the pancakes in front of you) and then had the spicy lamb chops - YUM! We finished with honey spare ribs and vegetable noodles and it truly was the best for last! The waiter was careful not to let us over order and he was exactly right. We finished with some tea and cookies although the fried ice cream sounded delicious. The head waiter was very friendly and even helped us get a taxi at the end of the meal. We live in NYC and this was the best Chinese food I have ever eaten. Highly recommended for lunch or dinner. Reservations also recommended.

Reviewed 5 September 2018

We arrived early once the door is opened for lunch and ordered BBQ pork but it was sold out apparently reserved by one table of guest. The tour company also claimed that the restaurant has won awards for 7 years in a row, however we thought the food was just ordinary and very pricey. I cannot fault the good service from one of the staff who attended our table. Dine here only if you are not in a hurry because it took us almost 2 hours to complete our meals. Food served was rather slow though restaurant is not packed.

Date of visit: August 2018