Auswalk Walking Holidays
Review Highlights
Leave the organising to others

The Larapinta trail walk with Auswalk was fantastic. The guides were knowledgeable, friendly and... read more

Reviewed 2 days ago
selawson
Paris, France
Cape to Cape walk

What an experience. The walk was amazing! Andy who dropped us off and picked us up was awesome... read more

Reviewed 4 days ago
Sandra C
Brisbane, Australia

All reviews great ocean walk self guided blue mountains great alpine flinders ranges red centre walking notes flinders island guided walk kangaroo island abundant wildlife gold coast carnarvon gorge larapinta trail meals provided coastal views grand canyon
Reviewed 26 April 2018 via mobile

We have just returned from a 7 day Gold Coast Hinterland self-guided walk. It was wonderful! Amazing rainforests in the Lamington and Springbrook National parks - we were blown away by the beauty of it all. Auswalk provided a brilliant program of walks, some long distance to our next accommodation, others day walks from where we were staying. This was my 3rd Auswalk holiday, and as always everything was organised meticulously. An excellent company in every way - already planning my next walk with them!

1  Thank Roved
Auswalk_walking, Owner at Auswalk Walking Holidays, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2018

Hi
Thanks for the great review. We do take pride and making sure that every one on one of our self guided walks are well looked after. We have been delivering walking holidays for 26 years now and we know that the devil is always in the detail and that is where the team both on the ground and the office excel.

We are all glad you enjoyed the walks and the comfort of having a hot shower and good accommodation, not to mention the food.
Let me know if you need any help on deciding where you might want to walk next.
Thanks again.
Warm Regards

Reviewed 25 April 2018 via mobile

Fabulous trip. All round experience. Everyone involved helped make this an incredible holiday. Recommend

Reviewed 4 April 2018

We recentty completed the 7 day group led Great Ocean Walk and I can't possibly say enough good things about this company! Everything flowed seamlessly from the time I first reached out to Auswalk to the conclusion of our hiking itinerary. Kudos to " Tash",
the incredibly patient customer service / booking agent who made reply to dozens of
emails I composed seeking clarification on various aspects of the trip and general travel advice on Australia as we were international visitors. Next, the guides. Beck did a great job in what was her first lead for the company, replacing someone with not a lot of notice and then there was Merel. Words cannot express the gratitude we have for her. She is a tremendous asset to this company. Keep her. Both women took turns driving the bus and also leading the hikes. The included catered meals were excellent, especially the veggie lasagna using sweet potatoes , a mixture that would never have occured to me. The restaurants selected for the remaining included meals were also quite nice. A limited menu had been prearranged but there ere plenty of choices to accommodate differing palates. An exception was even made one night for a hiker who did not care for any of the options that particular night. The daytime snacks and catered on the trail lunches were also tasty as well as filling. Getting enough to eat was never a problem. We also enjoyed the properties we stayed at. All were independent which is always our desire when we travel. The Lighthouse Cottages in particular offered amazing views. Although we probably could have opted for the self guided itinerary as the path for the entire trail was very obvious, we are glad we selected the group led option as we really enjoyed the companionship of the other hikers, all women, and resulting friendships that formed. Evenings in particular were a hoot when everyone gathered to talk about the day and well, any and all topics were possible. Then there were the coastal views or vegetation lined pathways. Spectacular. Our footprints were the only ones on the beaches we walked which made this extra special. One should note this is a challenging hiking itinerary. A few of the hikers perhaps overestimated their fitness or readiness for the hikes. There are some steep inclines , lots of zig zagging and also distance, all of which we had hoped for but is certainly not for everyone. I also got to satisfy my lifelong desire to see koala in the wild, including one on our sixth day that was low enough in its tree that we could make out its features. That same day we encountered a wallaby on the trail. Plenty of kangaroos too although they were all at a distance.
To summarize, if you are looking to have fun while physically challenging yourself and might be interested in meeting other like minded people , this or probably any of this companies group led itineraries would probably fit the bill. Thanks Auswalk. We have memories for a lifetime. If my exclamation mark key weren't freezing up on me as I write this, , there would be many such marks following my sentences.

Auswalk_walking, Owner at Auswalk Walking Holidays, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2018

Hello Lovinisteph

Thanks for your review we really appreciate it.

I am so glad you enjoyed the walking and the awesome coastline. I personally love that walk, particularly since it's kind of in our own back yard (I was there a couple of Saturdays ago walking).

In regard to the Accommodation and the food we are very happy that you enjoyed the experience. And of course your kind comments about our guides Merel and Bec will be passed back to both of them. It was great feedback to get.
I am aware that you have been in contact with Tash so I will keep it short. But if I can say one thing it was pleasure having you on board, I spoke with Merel and she concurred and I hope we get to have you back in our beautiful country some time soon.

Until next time, go well.

Regards

Reviewed 28 March 2018

The complete Auswalk experience was excellent. The guides were caring, knowledgable, flexible and thorough with everything. We saw great scenery, had plenty of healthy exercise and were treated to delicious food and very comfy accommodation. A huge thanks to our guides, Brett and Dan.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Auswalk_walking, Owner at Auswalk Walking Holidays, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2018

Hi Elaine

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your holiday experience with us and Tripadvisor.

We are all very happy that you appreciated the guides (especially since I was one of them) and the office staff's efforts to create what looks like seamlessly organised holiday. A great deal of work goes in to making it look that way.

The Snowy Mountains is absolutely amazing walk and there are no surprises that you enjoyed discovering its beauty and eating all that great food.

Thank you once again, we look forward to hearing from you in the future.

Regards

Reviewed 27 March 2018

I organised a walking trip for 10 school mum's to the Blue Mountains with AusWalks. Their staff where fantastic from the outset and really understood what we wanted. They booked all our accommodation, transfers and meals along the way and provided comprehensive track notes. All we had to do was turn up and follow the dot points. The selections along the way where all excellent with a great mix of having a casual pizza night followed by a serious restaurant meal. I would thoroughly recommend AusWalks to anyone considering organising a walking holiday.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Hi

Thanks for your positive review. The accommodations are fabulous made so by the great hosts in each place. Without them we wouldn't have a great trip like the one we have in the Blue Mountains..

I am glad we were able to customise the trip for you so that it suited your walking appetite. That's something we specialise in, making customised trips that is. We pride ourselves on seamless organisation so also thanks for the positive feedback I will pass it on to the girls. I am also glad you enjoyed the pizza as well as the fine dining at Silks

I hope we get to see you back again some day soon

I hope we hear from you again.
Warm Regards