“Cape to Cape WA”

Auswalk Walking Holidays
Ranked #31 of 306 Tours in Melbourne
More attraction details
Owner description: Auswalk walking holidays provide backstage passes to Australia's most sought after natural destinations. Say goodbye to organising everything yourself and hello to stress free adventure. Let us: - Share our nearly 30 years of experience with you - Provide friendly and professional guides - Put together the fully supported self guided inn-to-inn walking holiday you've been looking for - Hand select comfortable accommodations for each evening, with friendly hosts and local food and wine
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
Reviewed 2 May 2018

Hubby and I booked through Auswalks the self guided Cape to Cape walk in WA. Unfortunately day one my knee gave me grief walking in the sand, but the guys from Auswalks were fantastic. I rang them to let them know we couldn't continue walking the trail and I could only walk on flat ground. Instead of being picked up and dropped off each day they organised a driver to pick us up and take us back to where our car was located, so we could do our own thing. We continued staying at all of the accommodation that was already pre-booked and continued with the catered food for breakfast, lunch and some dinners. All of which were excellent! We especially loved staying in Augusta and Margaret River. Generally the accommodation was in spacious self contained apartments all in great locations. The only accommodation that wasn't spacious and self contained was one night at Caves House, we were glad it was only one night. We still managed to walk 80kms in 8 days walking some forest sections of the Cape to Cape as well as other flat trails and in this area there are no shortages of walks one can do in a day. Auswalks know their stuff, they are great with managing the whole trip from start to finish and any other requirements that's needed, especially unplanned! I wouldn't hesitate to recommend these guys, they are professional, organised and give great customer service.

Auswalk_walking, Owner at Auswalk Walking Holidays, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2018

Hi

Thank you for taking the time to write an review, it is much appreciated.

And thank you for your kind words, I will pass the feedback back on to our team in the office as well as our Accommodation hosts on the Cape to Cape.

We do our best to make sure that all our trips showcase the best of each destination. It's great to hear that you felt the walking lived up to this promise. It was such bad luck about the knee but at least you got to see a huge portion of the walk.

I am glad you enjoyed the arrangements that were put in place for your holiday. Hopefully the trip has left you in good place and feeling good.

I hope we get to hear from you again and the knee improves.

Regards,

"larapinta trail"
"walking poles"
"meet interesting"

Reviewed 26 April 2018 via mobile

We have just returned from a 7 day Gold Coast Hinterland self-guided walk. It was wonderful! Amazing rainforests in the Lamington and Springbrook National parks - we were blown away by the beauty of it all. Auswalk provided a brilliant program of walks, some long distance to our next accommodation, others day walks from where we were staying. This was my 3rd Auswalk holiday, and as always everything was organised meticulously. An excellent company in every way - already planning my next walk with them!

1  Thank Roved
Auswalk_walking, Owner at Auswalk Walking Holidays, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2018

Hi
Thanks for the great review. We do take pride and making sure that every one on one of our self guided walks are well looked after. We have been delivering walking holidays for 26 years now and we know that the devil is always in the detail and that is where the team both on the ground and the office excel.

We are all glad you enjoyed the walks and the comfort of having a hot shower and good accommodation, not to mention the food.
Let me know if you need any help on deciding where you might want to walk next.
Thanks again.
Warm Regards

Reviewed 25 April 2018 via mobile

Fabulous trip. All round experience. Everyone involved helped make this an incredible holiday. Recommend

Reviewed 4 April 2018

We recentty completed the 7 day group led Great Ocean Walk and I can't possibly say enough good things about this company! Everything flowed seamlessly from the time I first reached out to Auswalk to the conclusion of our hiking itinerary. Kudos to " Tash",
the incredibly patient customer service / booking agent who made reply to dozens of
emails I composed seeking clarification on various aspects of the trip and general travel advice on Australia as we were international visitors. Next, the guides. Beck did a great job in what was her first lead for the company, replacing someone with not a lot of notice and then there was Merel. Words cannot express the gratitude we have for her. She is a tremendous asset to this company. Keep her. Both women took turns driving the bus and also leading the hikes. The included catered meals were excellent, especially the veggie lasagna using sweet potatoes , a mixture that would never have occured to me. The restaurants selected for the remaining included meals were also quite nice. A limited menu had been prearranged but there ere plenty of choices to accommodate differing palates. An exception was even made one night for a hiker who did not care for any of the options that particular night. The daytime snacks and catered on the trail lunches were also tasty as well as filling. Getting enough to eat was never a problem. We also enjoyed the properties we stayed at. All were independent which is always our desire when we travel. The Lighthouse Cottages in particular offered amazing views. Although we probably could have opted for the self guided itinerary as the path for the entire trail was very obvious, we are glad we selected the group led option as we really enjoyed the companionship of the other hikers, all women, and resulting friendships that formed. Evenings in particular were a hoot when everyone gathered to talk about the day and well, any and all topics were possible. Then there were the coastal views or vegetation lined pathways. Spectacular. Our footprints were the only ones on the beaches we walked which made this extra special. One should note this is a challenging hiking itinerary. A few of the hikers perhaps overestimated their fitness or readiness for the hikes. There are some steep inclines , lots of zig zagging and also distance, all of which we had hoped for but is certainly not for everyone. I also got to satisfy my lifelong desire to see koala in the wild, including one on our sixth day that was low enough in its tree that we could make out its features. That same day we encountered a wallaby on the trail. Plenty of kangaroos too although they were all at a distance.
To summarize, if you are looking to have fun while physically challenging yourself and might be interested in meeting other like minded people , this or probably any of this companies group led itineraries would probably fit the bill. Thanks Auswalk. We have memories for a lifetime. If my exclamation mark key weren't freezing up on me as I write this, , there would be many such marks following my sentences.

Auswalk_walking, Owner at Auswalk Walking Holidays, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2018

Hello Lovinisteph

Thanks for your review we really appreciate it.

I am so glad you enjoyed the walking and the awesome coastline. I personally love that walk, particularly since it's kind of in our own back yard (I was there a couple of Saturdays ago walking).

In regard to the Accommodation and the food we are very happy that you enjoyed the experience. And of course your kind comments about our guides Merel and Bec will be passed back to both of them. It was great feedback to get.
I am aware that you have been in contact with Tash so I will keep it short. But if I can say one thing it was pleasure having you on board, I spoke with Merel and she concurred and I hope we get to have you back in our beautiful country some time soon.

Until next time, go well.

Regards