“Great South-East Asian Food”
Review of Supernormal

Supernormal
Ranked #25 of 4,218 Restaurants in Melbourne
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Central Business District
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

We visited for a late lunch or early dinner, with feets tired from walking around in the city. The place has a modern open setting, not the cozy one, but more towards minimalistic industrial one. We were amazed by the food. Realy good modern south-east Asian cuisine. The service was efficient and friendly. Great place for a lunch or gooding out in a larger group.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

Have been with friends and solo a few times to both Flinders and their canteen version which I accidentally and happily stumbled upon in St Kilda.

Food is always amazing: great flavours, textures, subversions. I had some lovely wines by the glass to match.

Never disappointed. Would highly recommend to anyone.

Reviewed 11 October 2017 via mobile

Visiting from Adelaide for work we were recommended Supernormal as a place to dine, it did not disappoint.

We shared dishes and each one was excellent in presentation and taste. The service was good and our waiter was knowledgeable about all the menu which was a great help in choosing our share plates.

Thank you Supernormal, I will be back.

Reviewed 10 October 2017 via mobile

My partner and I, on a quick work trip to Melbourne, popped in for dinner on a Sunday night. We were seated right in front of the kitchen and chatted to the chefs while enjoying the amazing banquet. Dumplings were outstanding, pickled radishes to die for, lobster roll was like a warm hug and the slow cooked lamb made you want to lick the bowl.

The best meal I've had in forever - and thanks to the lovely waiter/sommelier who helped us make some fantastic wine choices.

Outstanding.

Reviewed 9 October 2017

Having dined here a bunch of times, we decided it was the perfect place for our city wedding reception. There is a private dining room downstairs that was perfect for our party of 30. It was so quiet and private down there, even though the restaurant upstairs was very busy.
On the night, the staff were so attentive but unobtrusive, everybody felt so well looked after. We had arranged to have a banquet with a couple of additions and canapes to start - it was amazing. All our guests could not believe how wonderful the food was, and more than a few of them said it was the best food they'd ever eaten at a wedding. We also had a bunch of amazing cocktails.
Our events contact was Emma - nothing was too much trouble for her and she made the whole planning process a breeze. It was a great feeling to be able to have confidence in the fact that she was so detail oriented, that I knew she wouldn't forget or overlook anything.
A number of our guests are already planning on arranging their own functions at Supernormal, or at least coming back for dinner. We can't wait to come back either. I would recommend Supernormal to anybody for an event or just for a meal, it is my favourite restaurant!