6,508 results
All reviews melba restaurant chocolate fountain aria bar yarra river the club lounge a river view room beautiful hotel turn down service high tea south bank corner room valet parking buffet breakfast five star hotel arts centre flinders street station old world charm
Reviewed 16 October 2018 via mobile

What is not to love ? Blissful beds that create deep sleep behind blackout drapes. Views of city. Rooftop pool and spa. Welcoming staff. Great food. Room service with excellent menu.
An amazing place to rest and renew. Beautiful flowers.
At the top of my hotel list.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank bushflowergirl
jmclaughlingrm, Guest Relations Manager at The Langham, Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2018

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of The Langham Melbourne on Trip Advisor following your recent stay. We certainly appreciate your positive comments. We are delighted you appreciated your guestroom with sweeping views of the City Skyline and Yarra River and found the Langham Blissful Bed comfortable. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed time spent in both the pool and jacuzzi during your visit. You can trust us to ensure any future visits will be just as seamless and memorable. We are committed to creating stays that are tailor made to any occasion and will look forward to welcoming you back again one day in the future.

Reviewed 15 October 2018

From check in to check out we were treated as if we were VIP guests. The view from our room of the yarra and the city was fantastic.If staying at this hotel you should take out the Club lounge option

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Langham Hospitality Group
Reviewed 15 October 2018 via mobile

Came for a few days just to have a short holiday in the city
Lovely hotel.
Room spacious and comfortable. Bed was amazing.
Staff are very helpful and accommodating
Special thanks to Mary Lou for being so attentive to our needs
Enjoyed the pool area sauna and steam room
Had a wonderful mini holiday in the city

Stayed: October 2018, travelled with family

Thank you for leaving us such a lovely note on Trip Advisor following your recent mini holiday while in Melbourne. We are pleased that you were able to enjoy your guest room, the pool, as well as the sauna and steam rooms and had an enjoyable visit. Your positive feedback has been passed on to all the departments so it may be shared with all our colleagues. Thank you for your positive comments of Mary Lou and the service she provided, I will be certain to pass these on to her as I know she will be thrilled. We look forward to welcoming you back to The Langham Melbourne in the future for another pleasant visit.

Reviewed 15 October 2018

I stayed here recently for one night as part of a work trip. Very grand and opulent, from the entrance and check in / reception area to the bar and restaurant area.
I just had a standard room but was well appointed and very clean and tidy. My bed was very comfortable and slept well.
Location is excellent, right on the cafe/bar/restaurant area of South Bank and spoiled for choice for places to go if you didn't want to eat in the hotel.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 October 2018 via mobile

We purchased a 2 night stay in the Executive room as part of the Luxury Escape deal. This included use of the 24th floor club facilities.

The entrance is stunning and a marvellous fragrance, although very strong. Proceed up stairs to check in. Some staff in their little pink jackets were busy chatting between themselves, felt ignored as I attempted to check in, would have been nice to be greeted. The actual check in was good enough, the guys on concierge and those looking after the luggage did a great job.

The room looked nice, no issues with anything looking worn out, not a huge room, but nice enough with a view of buildings. There is a bath, but being over 6ft2 I often look forward to a deep bath. Unfortunately this bath was a small standard bath, more body parts out of water than in. Tall folks will know what I mean.

We have stayed at a few club rooms at other hotels and the food here was not as good as others. Not a seafood fan, so having seafood as half of the items for evening snacks was not ideal. The main bonus was the availability of a dozen or so spirits in addition to the beer and wine. Not a drinker personally, but I’m sure it would be a bonus for some.

The afternoon tea was ok, the scones were not typical fluffy scones, but nice. Maybe talk to one of the CWA ladies to find a good recipe.

At breakfast it would be good if staff suggested that we can request eggs poached or boiled in addition to the food displayed. I assume it is pre cooked, on my second day breakfast I requested 2 poached eggs, they arrived a minute later and they were warm, rubbery and over cooked. They do have scrambled eggs, but it is a lumpy concoction in a runny sauce, not sure how to describe it, but it was horrible. On the plus side, over eating was not an issue.

The service in the evening was good most of the time, staff were attentive and offering drinks plus clearing plates/glasses. During other sessions the service was not so great, at times we had to chase up drinks, request topping up juice jugs or have multiple plates stay on the table.

Would I stay again, not sure, it is a lot of money. I’d probably not go for the club option and eat elsewhere.

Stayed: October 2018
1  Thank 553brianm
jmclaughlingrm, Guest Relations Manager at The Langham, Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at The Langham, Melbourne. We appreciate your feedback since it helps us improve our service and your stay experience. Please accept our apologies for the service issues you encountered on this occasion and in some areas we did not meet your expectations. I have passed on your comments and observations to the relevant Department Managers so they each may review, follow up and share with their respective colleagues. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the furture.