2,793 results
All reviews mesh restaurant tonic bar corner king room casino complex yarra river floor to ceiling south bank valet parking room service easy access modern hotel city view buffet breakfast standard room great room mini bar conference
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Central location easy to access public transport felt very fancy walking in word of caution if you park in the crown car park you have to carry all your luggage through a shopping centre was modern had your expected amenities was abit put off by the white stains on the padded bench in the window I ended up putting floor mats over it. Lots of food choices within walking distance

Room Tip: All would have a good view
Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
CrownHotelsManager, General Manager at Crown Promenade Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear unicornsbumdust,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review on Tripadvisor. I am so pleased to hear that your overall stay with us was positive.

I have forwarded your comments regarding fabric stains to our Housekeeping team to rectify.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Promenade is well located to all that Southbank has to offer. There is an abundance of restaurants close by and it is an easy walk to CBD and St Kilda Rd. The hotel positions itself in the luxury market but fails to live up to it. Buffet breakfast is standard fair. The rooms are clean, well maintained and furnished with all the regular fixtures and fittings. Unfortunately the hotel lacks the attention to detail and extra comfort that is expected of a luxury hotel. Toiletries are generic and basic. TV has Chinese stations, but not BBC or CNN. The majority of other guests appeared to be tour groups, conference groups, or casino patrons. The groups did create a slow checkout experience. Overall, the Promenade is clean, comfortable, and well located. Just don't expect a wow factor.

Room Tip: Higher floors better to avoid noise from casino.
  • Stayed: October 2018, travelled on business
CrownHotelsManager, General Manager at Crown Promenade Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear JoanneSydney,

Thank you for your review following your recent stay.

I was naturally disappointed to learn your recent stay did not meet your expectations. I would also like to offer my sincere apologies for the shortfalls in service relating to check in.

I would appreciate the opportunity to discuss your stay in further detail. If you have the time, please contact our Hotel Duty Manager on +61 3 9292 8160.

I do hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I was in Melbourne for a recent conference at the Melbourne Convention & Exhibition Centre (MCEC), & this was one of the 3 hotels allocated to the delegates by the organisers. Those travelling without spouses were given rooms with another delegate, each occupying a double bed.
There was a large shower well, facilities were clean & beds comfortable.
Did not take advantage of the dining facilities, but overall a pleasant stay.

Room Tip: Upper floors are quieter
  • Stayed: October 2018, travelled on business

Dear skc97,

Thank you for your five-star review.

I was absolutely delighted to hear that you had such a positive experience at Crown Promenade Melbourne.

I look forward to welcoming you back again so that you can experience our dining facilities .

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The view toward Southbank is excellent and the king room was spacious and elegant. The only thing we do not like are the big hair dryers, which are very hard to hold.
The staff at reception is courteous and well trained and we are always looking forward to staying at the Promenade.

Room Tip: high up with city view
  • Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear chardoro,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review on Tripadvisor. I am so pleased to hear that your stay with us was so positive and you enjoyed the service from my team.

I will be sure to share your kind words with my colleagues and hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 11 October 2018 via mobile

Although the hotel had a corporate feel to it we enjoyed a very pleasant 3 night stay here on our tour of Australia. We had a super king room on the 19th floor. The room was very spacious, comfortable and quiet, with a fabulous view toward the river and Southbank.
There was a huge variety of food for breakfast but the hot dishes were just luke warm. All staff were friendly and very helpful.
I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Wendy F,

Thank you for your five-star review.

I was absolutely delighted to hear that you had such a positive experience at Crown Promenade Melbourne whilst touring Australia and appreciated your feedback regarding our guest rooms and friendly staff.

I have forwarded your feedback regarding breakfast to management.

I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.