All reviews swanston street tram stop rooms are small free tram zone comfortable bed the ground floor early check great shower queen vic markets per night short stay wi fi tea and coffee convenient location public transport federation square towels
Reviewed 3 October 2018 via mobile

Ibis Hotel, the Holiday Inn of Europe here in Melbourne. From check-in to check-out my overall experience with Ibis was exceptional. Although I arrived at the hotel around 09h00 for a 15h00 check-in, the staff was very accommodating and gave me the option to either check my bags or pay a reasonably priced early check-in fee of AU$25.

Given that I am primarily based out of Japan, the room size was to par and perfect for my stay.

For those using the tram, please take note, this hotel is OUTSIDE of the Free Tram Zone.

Overall, wonderful stay close to city centre.

****The four-star in opposition to a five-star review is due to a mix up with room type after check in. (The room type issue was promptly rectified)

Stayed: October 2018, travelled with friends
ibisswanstonstreet, Director of Sales at ibis Melbourne Swanston Street Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Thanks for the perfectly rounded review Dfriemark,

I am certain this will help a number of TripAdvisor users to make an informed decision on their next stay.

We hope to see you soon at the ibis Melbourne.

Sakina

Reviewed 30 September 2018

This hotel is close to the city. Even though this hotel is NOT included in Free Tram Zone, it is very easy to walk to the city. I generally liked the building, especially for the self-service laundry room.

One negative thing (but I don't think it is that serious to deduct a star) was the cleaning.
For some reason, I could see small dirts all over sinks and bed sheets after I came back to the room each day.
I guess these dirts were from a vacuum cleaner, but I did not think it is a really serious issue.

I were perfectly satisfied with all staffs. They were kind and helpful.

Overall, I recommend this place.

Stayed: August 2018
1  Thank CSKOLA
melisal208, Front Office Manager at ibis Melbourne Swanston Street Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2018

Hi CSKOLA,

Your review was delightfully pleasant to read. Thank you for taking the time to accurately describe your experience.

Our location is one of our main assets and not being in the free tram zone doesn't take anything away from that. Also, having the ability to launder your clothing on site can make a big difference. Thank you for pointing these things out.

The little specks of dirt you were referring to are indeed annoying. However, we are trying our best to get rid of them entirely. They appear to be a result of the type of floor we have in the rooms (static electricity).

Thank you again for your feedback. Reviews like yours are what we send out to everyone in our team and is what makes us love what we do.

Ken
Front Office Manager

Reviewed 25 September 2018 via mobile

Check in is rather leisurely and there are construction works all around this hotel. Usual amenities including fridge, TV, WiFi and hairdryer. Cleaners are very eager to make your bed and change the towels. It’s an easy walk into the busy city or take the inexpensive tram which stops virtually outside, you will need a MyKi card for all public transport. The Victorian market is a short walk away. You are also close to streets of Italian and Asian restaurants as well as KFC and Subway. Breakfast was surprisingly good with a choice of cereal, fruit and/or bacon, scrambled eggs and beans. Coffee machine was excellent, I would definitively stay here again.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
melisal208, Front Office Manager at ibis Melbourne Swanston Street Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2018

Hi Mayfly17,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. It is very factual. Located so close to Melbourne CBD, we indeed have quite a bit of activity around us.

Also, I will personally ensure that your compliments regarding the housekeeping and breakfast team get passed on. Positive feedback from guests like you is what motivates us and is what gives us pride in what we do.

Thank you again for your feedback, we will be looking forward to your next visit.

Ken
Front Office Manager

Reviewed 16 September 2018

The hotel is in Carlton area but close to CBD and Queen Victoria Market.
The room was quite small but the bathroom quite new, the bed comfortable and it was clean and warm inside (cold days while there!). It was a quiet area, with only a small minimarket in a student building.
Didn't have breakfast there but there are plenty of places if you walk to QVM or towards CBD.
The staff was nice. Short stays are ok.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
melisal208, Front Office Manager at ibis Melbourne Swanston Street Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2018

Thank you for your review Rosinni19!

Reviewed 10 September 2018

Great value for a hotel in the heart of Melbourne. Shower was great room was very clean. Fran on the desk was great. The markets were only a short walk away. I would stay here again as great value for money.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Dear Kiwignome,

Thank you so much for your review.

Hopefully we may welcome you here again in the future.