Oaks On William
The Langham, Melbourne(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$169
US$204
  • Pool
Radisson on Flagstaff Gardens(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$96
  • Restaurant
Tyrian Serviced Apartments Fitzroy(Fitzroy)(Great Value!)
US$157
US$130
Hotels.com
Adelphi Hotel(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$157
  • Restaurant
Art Series - The Larwill Studio(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$106
  • Fitness centre
Alto Hotel on Bourke(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$92
US$200
  • Pool
Treasury On Collins(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
QT Melbourne(Melbourne)
1,708 results
All reviewsflagstaff gardensstudio parkflagstaff stationbrother thomasqueen victoria marketscafe next doorfree tramstudio roomsized fridgeoffice blocksmall balconytram stopper dayfull kitchenmelbourne centralfree wifihardware lane
Reviewed 12 February 2018

Good value
Good service
Rm and views fab
View of park and Bolte very nice
If you like Jazz it's second to none for value and location.
Dish washer handy when staying for longer periods. Excellent cooking facilities in room.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Maris F, Manager at Oaks On William, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2018

Thank you for leaving a review form you recent stay with us. The views over Flagstaff gardens are certainly sensational. Pleased you were able to enjoy our room facilities during your stay and we hope to welcome you back again soon!

Reviewed 12 February 2018

1 To have 1 x 30 minute block of FREE Wi-Fi per day is unacceptable these days. You will lose to your competitors as you have done with me.
2 You have a King Size bed, 2 chairs at the dining table, 2 chairs at the outside table, 2 sets of towels, 2 soaps, cutlery setting for 4, crockery setting for 4, BUT ONLY 1 SEAT TO RELAX IN!!! And that seat is a modern style Bean Bag!! What demographic are you catering for? A 15 year old male who likes to play video games?
3 You had to use my personal credit card for the $75 phone charge cover!! Seriously, you already had a credit card that was paying for the WHOLE accommodation but you refused to use it. And $75 to cover phone charges IF THEY ARE USED? How about you use modern technology and just turn the outgoing calls off when I tell you I have a mobile phone and I will not be needing the in room phone!
3 Checking out was a disaster. I emailed a work credit card to be used for the WHOLE accommodation. I know you had it because you ALREADY had charged the accommodation to it. So why was it so hard to do that? Not once, but twice on consecutive days. Absolutely appalling service which made me extremely angry on the Saturday morning when I was leaving. Not a good way to leave your establishment or to start my day at 6am!!!
So in conclusion, you have lost me as a customer of the OAKS GROUP. If one establishment can be this horrendous, then I don't believe the standard would be any different at any of your other sites.
Thank you very much for this opportunity and I hope that you can work on these items so other guests do not have to put up with sub-standard service.
Cheers
Allan

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank 305allanp
Maris F, Manager at Oaks On William, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2018

Dear Mr Peckham

I am sorry that our clearly stated policies regarding the requirement for a credit card pre-authorisation did not please you. All bookings include unlimited Wi-Fi in the room, I apologise for you believing otherwise and reception would have been able to clarify this quickly for you.

A credit card was used to book and pay for the accommodation though we are not permitted to use this as a guarantee on incidental charges during the stay. This protects the cardholder as often it is not the cardholder that stays with us and fraudulent card use is unfortunately common in our industry.

We are disappointed to have lost you as a customer though understand we are not able to satisfy all our guests.

Thanks for your comments.

Reviewed 12 February 2018 via mobile

I stayed here recently for 4 nights when in Melbourne on business. Check-in was fast and very friendly. There was a mix up on my check out date, but they handled it well. The room was spacious and very clean. It had a kitchenette which was great for fixing breakfast which I ate on the little balcony. From the hotel it is a short walk to a supermarket and someone me restaurants. There is a tram stop nearby making it easy to get anywhere. There is a park across the street and it is a short walk to the casino complex across the river. A safe and hair dryer are provided. There is a full sized refrigerator and an iron/ironing board. It was a nice place to stay. I would stay here again.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
Maggie L, Manager at Oaks On William, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2018

Thank you for choosing Oaks on William for your stay at Melbourne. I am happy to read you found your room as well as facilities to your liking. Our property is located in closed proximity to many Melbourne attraction and glad to read that you were able to see what Melbourne had to offer.

My team and I would definitely love to welcome you back once again.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 11 February 2018

My partner and I wanted a convenient 24hour trip to Melbourne and that’s what we got. Parking was really convenient but came with $$ Which was comparable with other parking rates. Room was very nice and comfortable. Would stay again.

Dear Laura,

Thank you reviewing your stay at Oaks on William.

I am delighted to read that you and your partner enjoyed your stay and found your room nice and comfortable. Our carpark is onsite and all our guest who parks in it have multiple access during their stay and glad you found it really convenient.

If you do come to Melbourne again, I do hope you can stay longer with us and get to explore the city.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 11 February 2018

We were very happy and cant wait to stay again! The room was lovely and the views were amazing!
We ordered room service which was delicious and delivered with in half hour and still nice and hot.
All staff were very helpful and friendly.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Maris F, Manager at Oaks On William, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2018

I am very pleased that you enjoyed your time at Oaks on William and that you made the most of our delightful park views on offer. We would be delighted to have you back anytime you require Melbourne accommodation and thank you for your review.