Clarion Suites Gateway
  • Breakfast included
Rendezvous Hotel Melbourne(Melbourne)
  • Room Service
1,152 results
All reviewsyarra rivercrown casinogreat locationa river view roomone bedroom suitefull kitchenwilliam streetdouble glazed windowstrain noiseflinders stwashing machinesouth banktrain linethe sofa bedshort walksmall balconylight sleeper
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 September 2015

Strategically located at the corner of William St. and Flinders St. Chinatown (around Little Bourke St.) is within walking distance. Suggest upgrade to suites that offer great views of the Yarra River. The only downside is the railway noise. Overall, Clarion is a great place with decent surroundings and views.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank wstycoon
CSGManagement, General Manager at Clarion Suites Gateway, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2015

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your lovely comments and for choosing to stay with us at Clarion Suites Gateway. It is wonderful to know that we have mostly exceeded your expectations, as this is our primary goal. We are dedicated to constantly improve and enhance our service levels and your positive feedback is much appreciated by our team.
Our River View rooms do offer fantastic views overlooking Southbank and the nightly Casino fireball show (we like to think of it as our own little bit of Vegas!).
All our bedrooms are double glazed, for sensitivity the functionality of the glazing works more effectively when the bedroom door is closed upon retiring.
Thank you so much for your patronage and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Tony Cakmar

Reviewed 5 September 2015 via mobile

We loved our family getaway.
It was a fully self contained apartment with everything we needed for our stay.
Our girls loved the indoor pool too, it was just another little added bonus.
Our view from our balcony overlooked the Yarra River and the awesome Crown fire displays, it was perfect.

Great location. Great price.

Stayed: January 2015, travelled with family
CSGManagement, Guest Relations Manager at Clarion Suites Gateway, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2015

Dear Prue,

Thank you so much for your review and for comments in regards to our rooms, amenities and views. We are an all-suites, full serviced Hotel, our studio rooms are equipped with a kitchenette and our one and two bedroom suites have fully equipped kitchens and laundry facilities, there’s a room type to suite everyone’s needs and it so pleasing to read that you had everything you needed.
We hope to welcome you and your family back next time you visit Melbourne.

Cindy Colliver – Executive Office

Reviewed 31 August 2015

we had a comfortable 8 nights stay at clarion suites gateway. i caught a really good low seasons deal from Hotels.com. end up half of what I had intended to spend on accommodation. it has a washing machine, ironing board, oven, fridge, full kitchen. it's in the cdb, 2 free #35 tram stops / 8mins walk from flinders train station. crown is a just a short 5min bridge walk away.

we stayed in a 2 rooms apt facing the river. my in-laws had their own ensuite room. my 2 toddlers and us share one toilet. the plain looking king size bed in each room and the pillows were surprising comfortable. just what we needed every night. but the kids were not so lucky. the sofa bed that cost an extra $25 a night. with it's spring and metal bars poking at each bend when unfolded, it was not somewhere an adult would want to sleep on. fortunately my kiddos are tiny enough to find a section each to rest in...

everywhere is decently clean. but no housekeeping came. when i called the reception on the 4th day. I was informed that because i paid a discounted price, so I've no housekeeping, only new towels and someone will come to empty my bins. after i asked her to advise me on where was this piece of information given to me during booking, she related and said i am entitled to housekeeping every 4th day... lucky me, it was our 4th day.

on our last day, no one was free enough to help us with our luggages during check out.

I would like to give special mentions to Jana and Viviana. Jana was very efficient during my booking. She answered all my emails swiftly. And everything I asked for was arranged. And lucky me, she was at the reception when I arrived. we had a pleasant check-in. Viviana was there with Jana, she was very warm and friendly. She helped us with our luggage and made us feel very welcome on the way to our room. Both of them were on shift again when we needed some help with directions to Prahran. Jana was again very helpful. Spent at least 15mins explaining and giving more suggestions.

it would have been an excellent rating if not for a staff named, isabel. on my entire trip in melbourne, i did not receive any racist vibe except from her. everyone in melbourne except her understood my english.

Room Tip: river view room is worth it, the other facing, you will be looking at someone's office.
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
CSGManagement, General Manager at Clarion Suites Gateway, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2015

Dear Valued Guest,

Thanks so much for your time for posting this review, I would like to personally thank you for staying at our hotel for such a long period.
It is regrettably that not all aspects of your time with us was as enjoyable as we would have hoped for, and this is a real shame, though, I would like to take a moment to address some of your concerns.
Our sofa beds are specially design for a commercial hotel application, and the 7 inch mattress is supported by wooden slats, though the surrounding base is of metal, which reinforces the frame. I do not believe that there are sofa beds which are made of better quality for a hotel environment. Notwithstanding a sofa bed does not offer the same comfort as our Sealy beds. We do have single beds on wheels, which some of our guests have a preference for; this is easily facilitated by calling our front office team.
Although we recognize that there is much script, in a booking process - we do denote - Limited Housekeeping Services in the room category booked, in this manner we are able to offer deep discounted rates at times, however, in our hotel compendium for those guest who have a preference for daily service, it outlines a daily service charge - should the guest have a preference for this.
Thank you for also noting our management team in your review, this is most welcome, it is our primary focus at all times to enhance the level of guest enjoyment and comfort whilst staying at our hotel.
Our hotel team members originate from a cross section of nationalities - a small United Nations if you like, and we are honoured to have these individuals from distant lands join our team, with the sole purpose of providing service which we hope will exceed your expectations, this is our primary goal.
I am somewhat disappointed in your comment regarding a member of our team; moreover, I would suggest that there may have been a language barrier, though I do recognize that due to this, it may have been frustrating. It is very important for you to know, that under no circumstances would any reasonable hotel condone an act of racism, it would be contrary to our core values and what we stand for as a - mini United Nations. Almost all our team are not native born to this great country and we are very proud to be part of our multi-cultural society which has instilled so much flavour and opportunity for us all.
Therefore, I would like say to you that we have very much enjoyed taking care of you during your stay with us, and we hope that one day, we will be fortunate enough to be of service to you and your family once again in the future.

Tony Cakmar

Reviewed 31 August 2015

I upgraded to a one bedroom apartment (for only $20) - lots of space, well appointed, double glazing on the bedroom windows which cut out all the noise from the trains, etc. My room had a balcony and an amazing view over the river and the lights of South Melbourne. The beds were amazingly comfortable and the service (check in/out) was really fast. I took advantage of the room's 15% coupon and ate in the hotel's restaurant. It's not high class cuisine but the plate beef ribs I had was huge and the prices were really reasonable. Free wifi would have been appreciated. Also, although you can pay for the bar fridge to be stocked, it would be preferable for a few items to be available in the room for purchase for a quick snack/drink.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank RodJohnButler

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your review. Our location is indeed very convenient and we have to agree our River View rooms do have fantastic views overlooking Southbank and the nightly Casino fireball show (we like to think of it as our own little bit of Vegas!).
In regards to our mini bar offering, this is on demand, it is available 24/7, you can call our friendly team at any time and have anything from the offered menu delivered to your room. We feel by doing it this way we are able to offer items at more cost effective prices.
Also if you’re not already a member can I recommend joining our One William Club rewards program – which allows for 20% discount on just about most hotel services, including the internet, for more information please visit our website.
We do hope to welcome you back when you next visit our lovely city.

Kelly Matthews – Executive Office

Reviewed 29 August 2015

Short stay in August with a king bed and river view room on level 9. Simply outstanding. Sure, there is a little noise from tram and trains, but didn't bother us and we slept soundly on a very comfortable bed. Staff and service simply first class. Very central to many attractions including Aquarium, Crown Casino and Eureka tower.

Room Tip: River view rooms are sensational although rear rooms may be a little quieter if noise bothers you.
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Patti V
CSGManagement, Guest Relations Manager at Clarion Suites Gateway, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2015

Dear Patti,

It is pleasing to read that you enjoyed your stay with us during your recent trip to Melbourne and that our rooms and service meet your expectations. We have to agree we are situated in a great location and with Crown Casino and the shopping prescient within easing walking distance we appreciate that you enjoyed our location and all that Melbourne has to offer.
May we have the pleasure of welcoming you back on your next visit to our lovely City.

Cindy Colliver – Executive Office