All reviews common areas bar downstairs free wifi bed dorm free pancakes big kitchen great location flinders station top bunk first floor laundry facilities great facilities free tram zone central location would definitely stay here again the heart of the city tram stop
Reviewed 24 April 2018 via mobile

I have come to this hostel through friends who have been here for a long time & I feel really comfortable here. Every evening a program is offered, boredom is rare. The location of the hostel is perfect, with bars nearby and shopping options.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
Jonathan M, General Manager at United Backpackers Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2018

Thanks so much for leaving us a review! We are really glad that you are enjoying your time here!

Reviewed 11 April 2018 via mobile

I stayed at United Backpackers for 8 nights and I had the best time! The atmosphere was so good and the people are super nice! The free pancakes in the morning are great and if you wanna have a good time, the bar downstairs offers a lot of fun! I didn’t wanna leave because I liked it that much, so I would definitely recommend this hostel to everyone!!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank _nele2499
Jonathan M, General Manager at United Backpackers Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2018

G'Day! Thanks so much for leaving us such a kind review! It really makes our day to hear that people had a good time when staying with us. Hopefully you will get the chance to stay with us again soon.

Reviewed 6 April 2018

Stayed here for about 3 weeks while settling in Melbourne and it's so worth it! Staff is welcoming and seems to have fun at work which makes everyone feel good and the general vibes are great here! Bar is great and staff knowledgeable. Rooms and kitchen are cleaned every day.
Can only recommend staying here! So close to everything in town, Tram to St Kilda and anywhere else.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
Jonathan M, General Manager at United Backpackers Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2018

Thanks so much for leaving us review! It really means a lot to us that you have enjoyed your stay here. Hopefully you will get to stay with us again soon. Best of luck in the rest of your travels!

Reviewed 5 April 2018

Thought I had stayed in good hostels in Melbourne before... then i stayed here!!! Great team, clean everything and nice vibes. Perfect location in the heart of Flinders yeeew loved the chill out room downstairs

Room Tip: They're all winners
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

I stayed here for four nights and loved every part of it. Firstly the staff were super friendly and helpful, it was my first time in Melbourne and they gave me loads of advice on what to do in and around the city.
This hostel has one of the best kitchens I’ve used since being in Australia, lots of space, a free spice and sauce rack and ovens!
The rooms were spacious and clean, also you get your own light and plug with each bed which is awesome!
The bar on the basement level is great also, they have cool events on most nights and the host and bar staff are cool people too.
When I come back to Melbourne I will definitely be staying here again!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo