1,588 results
All reviews double tree flinders street warm cookies great location on arrival building next door king room train station fed square central location rooms are small yarra river the heart of the city upon check south bank free tram zone crown casino
Reviewed 12 September 2018

A good central city hotel with good facilities and friendly and helpful staff. Loved that there were a range of eating options in the lane nearby and walking distance to CBD and Southbank. Opposite Flinders St Station and down the road from Federation square

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
GarryL278, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Melbourne - Flinders Street, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2018

Dear JohnA1086AU

I am pleased to that you enjoyed all that our very central location has to offer.

I hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you again soon.

Reviewed 6 September 2018 via mobile

I stayed here for two nights with my brother as there was an event in the city we both attended.

I must say first and foremost the staff are what make this hotel so comfortable and great. At times you could almost forget your nestled in the heart of the CBD. Unlike some city hotels they continually display a calm and relaxed persona regardless of how busy they are.

I honestly can’t fault this hotel in anyway and rate them a clear and comfortable 5 stars as my experience personally was amazing.

One thing I would urge people to be mindful about is to make sure you order the appropriate room beforehand as some are more tiny in size, some don’t have windows and some rooms are to the contrary are spectacular. It is no different to any other hotel in this regard. All room are unremarkable in cleanliness and being tidy.

Additionally as a Hilton Honors member all I had to do was use the app to speak to the front desk. They also open up communication via text message. In additional all wifi was taken care of as I was an Honors member.

I must say I was blown away by the attentiveness, care and professional nature of the staff it really took me by surprise and that’s something we want.

One last thing I’ll add is parking is offsite but it’s such a minor walk it isn’t really an issue.

I will return to this hotel again in the future.

I would like to thank all staff for helping with the stay, in particular Anu, Kim, Joshua and all the rest that helped me organise an appropriate room.

Date of stay: September 2018
GarryL278, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Melbourne - Flinders Street, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2018

Dear MelbourneAus85

It is fantastic to see that you enjoyed the service and you experienced from our team.

I hope that we may have the pleasure of welcoming you again in the near future.

Garry

Reviewed 2 September 2018

Great location (opposite Flinders Street Station in the free tram zone and walkable to many locations), great price (especially when on sale on booking.com), friendly staff, modern rooms, comfy beds, amazing breakfast buffet, and don't forget those unlimited free delish cookies!

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Garry L, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Melbourne - Flinders Street, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2018

Dear PDennis25

Thank you for taking the time post a review following your stay with us.

I am delighted to see that you enjoyed all aspects of your time with us in the heart of Melbourne.

My team and I hope that we are able to welcome you back again in the near future.

Reviewed 1 September 2018 via mobile

Great location close to a range of public transport and restaurants. Comfortable bedding and modern style rooms. Staff were super friendly and also got spoilt with complimentary cookies on check-in. Great for a weekend getaway.

Trip type: Travelled with friends

Dear Sarahjmalone

Thank you for posting a review following your recent stay with us.

I am happy to see that you had a great stay and enjoyed the service provided by our friendly team.

I hope that we are able to welcome you again in the near future.

Reviewed 27 August 2018

Found myself with a need to stay in Melbourne overnight (even though I live in the suburbs) and chose the Double Tree. Location was great (just near Flinders Street station) with easy access to Southbank. Staff were friendly and helpful, and rooms were of a very high standard.

Room tip: Not all rooms have windows - go for the higher floors and the rooms that overlook Flinders Street station if possible.
Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Garry L, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Melbourne - Flinders Street, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2018

Dear Grant T

It is great to see that you enjoyed the service and facilities of our super central Melbourne location.