1,569 results
All reviews double tree flinders street warm cookies opposite the train station great location on arrival building next door king room fed square central location rooms are small yarra river the heart of the city upon check south bank checking in would stay again
Reviewed 4 June 2016 via mobile

Good central location for all our sightseeing and Shopping in Melbourne. Flinders street Station, Yarra tram stations and city circle free trams just across the road. Made our stay in Melbourne so much convenient and fun. We arrived very early coming from Sydney on an overnite 8hour train ride and our room was already ready for us. On checkout, we need to have breakfast before their buffet is open but still accommodated us. Thank you for taking care of us.

1  Thank Joyce L
CF-MELFS, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Melbourne - Flinders Street, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2016

Dear Joyce L,

Thank you for taking the time to post on TripAdvisor. I am delighted to read that your experience with us was an enjoyable one for all the right reasons and that you loved our down town location. I am exceptionally pleased to read that my team ensured that your stay was a special one.

We shall look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future where we will have a warm welcome waiting.

Reviewed 3 June 2016

I recently stayed two nights at the Double Tree and was very impressed.

The hotel is very modern. Check in was a breeze with the staff being very helpful. Being a HH member all my details were on file after I made use of the online check in a day out from my arrival, so all I needed to do was collect my room keys (and cookie).

The room was small but modern and clean. The bathroom was well appointed and did not lack anything.

Meals were good without being spectacular, I ordered room service and meals were delivered promptly and with a smile. Breakfast in the restaurant was okay and there were options to the buffet.

The gym has a good range of cardio machines.

The only downside and it wasn't that big of a deal, is the lack of onsite parking. The Double Tree has an arrangement with the secure parking facility a few doors down.

Room Tip: Join HH for access to the HH floors
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled on business
CF-MELFS, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Melbourne - Flinders Street, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2016

Dear Justin S,

Thank you for taking the time to post on TripAdvisor. I am delighted to read that your experience with us was an enjoyable one for all the right reasons and exceptionally pleased to read that my team ensured that your stay was a special one and the convenience of our location was right for your needs.

We shall look forward to welcoming you back again in the very near future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 3 June 2016 via mobile

We stayed here for five nights. Can't complain about the location. The free tram zone as well as Flinders Station is right in front of the hotel. Federation Square is only about five minutes walking distance where the visitors information center is located. From the airport, the sky bus is a convenient mode of transport that goes all to the to Southern Cross station. A free shuttle is available that will drop you off in front of Rendevouz Hotel which is a couple of minutes walk to the DoubleTree Hotel.

We stayed on the 9th floor and there was no view at all from our room which was disappointing. We just got used to it. The room was small but clean. The bed and pillows were comfortable. On our last night, we found a puddle of water near the bathroom sink. We believe there was a leak from the ceiling above. We reported it for the maintenance staff to check. Someone was sent to our floor to clean up the mess.

As for the breakfast, it's just okay. After a couple of days, it got boring. The buffet included bacon, chicken sausages, hash browns, baked beans, scrambled eggs, congee, dumplings, grilled tomatoes, pastries, assorted breads including bagels, croissants. There were also some fresh fruits and cereals. A juicer is available and a coffee machine if you want espresso, mocha, cappuccino, lattes, etc. we tried the omelette but it was dry (overlooked). We didn't think it was worth what they were charging. There are a lot of restaurants in the area which we think are better options.

Dear Stitch7264,

Thank you for taking the time to post on TripAdvisor and I thank you for choosing to stay at DoubleTree by Hilton Melbourne - Flinders Street. I am pleased to read that your stay with us was a great one and that you loved our central downtown location.

I thank you for your feedback regarding breakfast. Please rest assured that I have discussed your feedback with my head chef.

I appreciate your feedback regarding our entry level rooms and encourage you to consider one of our Station or River View rooms on next stay, offering some of Melbourne's most outstanding historic or panoramic views.

We shall look forward to welcoming you back in the near future where we will have a warm chocolate cookie waiting on your arrival.

Reviewed 2 June 2016 via mobile

Free hotel shuttle from airbus dropped us off a block behind the hotel. Short walk, but the hotel isn't very noticably signed. Nearly walked passed it! On walking into the lobby, you are greeted with a delightful warm smell of freshly baked cookies. So welcoming! And you receive a cookie when you check in! Nice, clean, modern industrial design - we stayed in a regular hotel room with no view. It was completely adequate for the time we spent there, being so close to everything, we were out most of the time! A bit of a hike to chinatown (if you know the trams a bit better than us it would be easier), but across the street from flinders station, a couple of hundred metres from The Forum, tram stops all around - the list goes on!
I'm not so sure about parking facilities: we chose to pick up the car as we were leaving the city. Didn't eat at the restaurant downstairs but noticed it had a happy hour and some deals going. Recommend it for sure.

Dear koily,

It is a true delight to read your feedback and I thank you for choosing to stay at DoubleTree by Hilton Melbourne - Flinders Street. I am pleased to read that your stay with us was a great one and that you loved our central downtown location and our warm chocolate cookie.

We shall look forward to welcoming you back to DoubleTree by Hilton Melbourne - Flinders Street.

Reviewed 1 June 2016

Came here for our babymoon
Cookie on arrival was a great touch. Rooms on the small side but very clean
Perfect location to walk everywhere
Nothing wowed us about our stay/venue
Room service food tasted average & was cold
Many pros & cons but was good for a simple visit

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dear Carly_1385,

I thank you for your feedback regarding room service. Please rest assured that I have discussed your feedback with my head chef.