1,327 results
All reviews southern cross station bourke street skybus terminal room was clean sky bus spencer st rooms are small etihad stadium accor member air con min walk short stay buffet breakfast good size night stay within easy walking distance public transport
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

We love this Ibis as it has the best location in Melbourne for when you just want to walk straight of the Skybus to the Motel. Plus it is only a 15min walk form Bourke street Mall along with all the other great places to visit in Melbourne.

As an Accorplus Member i understand the difference in standards between a M-Gallery and a Ibis so have got use to some of the lesser luxuries. But When you only plan to spend less than 6 hours in the room it still has the mod-cons of a bathroom and a bed.

The room was clean with no issues about the quality of the room, Front of house staff were excellent and kept us up to date with when the room was ready. We did have the buffet breakfast and given what the awesome breakfast staff had to deal with we think they did a awesome job.

I would highly recommend other Tripadvisor reader to make sure they read the full description of the motel, before making the booking as it sure fits a couple on a budget.

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
Ibis3030, Front Office Manager at Ibis Melbourne Little Bourke Street, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Dear Michael W

Thank you for not only your wonderful review but for being an Accor Plus Member with us.

The staff were thrilled that you have made mentioned of our their service during your stay.

They really do appreciate it.

We hope to see you again very soon.

Many thanks

Zoe Parker

Reviewed 11 October 2018 via mobile

Booked the hotel quite last minute but yet got a decent deal i couldnt refuse.

First off, location is good! 3-5mins walk to Southern Cross Station! So if you guys are taking the skybus, PERFECT location for you!

Loads of food choices available as well around the area.

Hotel is near Spencer Outlet Stores.

Free trams in the city for you to roam about! Very accessible.

I got the double bed room. No view though! The bathroom is fairly spacious too, which is a plus point.

The bed was alittle on the softer side for me so my back hurts every time i wake up.

I would DEFINITELY stay here again because of the convenience.

Those wanting to go to the Crown casino, it’s 3 tram stops away too!

My only feedback:
a) They charged AUD$2 for in room slippers which in my opinion should have been provided for free. (I had to get it because i only brought my sneakers)

b) I had really dry skin to the point it split open and was constantly bleeding bit by bit. Requested for a bandaid from their first aid but they require to go through formal procedures just for that single bandaid. (It’s a bit much in my opinion). So i had to buy an entire box of bandaid instead. They could be alittle more flexible. I feel that bandaids are fine to give out.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled solo
Ibis3030, General Manager at Ibis Melbourne Little Bourke Street, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2018

Dear Syazana

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at very short notice.
The hotel is certainly very central to South Cross transport hub and shopping in Melbourne.

We are sorry that you found the bed on the softer side for your liking - please let us know on your next visit and we can see what we can do to adjust the comfort level for you.

Slippers at this stage are not an in room amenity and we provide for via Reception for a minimal charge.
Your feedback will be submitted for future consideration when reviewing amenities.

We look to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Many thanks
Mary Ellen O'Malley

Reviewed 19 September 2018

i choosed for a single night stay in CBD but i regret it omg never expected it to so small that there was no space to walk between the washroom and the bed... the washroom was do damn cramped guys choose a better stay

Room Tip: no good view
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Ibis3030, General Manager at Ibis Melbourne Little Bourke Street, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2018

Dear Jenofin j

Thank you for taking the time to share with us about your recent stay.

We strive to ensure that our economy style accommodation best suits those budget conscious travels.

On this occasion we are sorry to hear that we were unable to meet your expectations.

Maybe next time one of our larger style rooms will better suit.

Kind regards

Mary Ellen O'Malley

Reviewed 17 September 2018 via mobile

It’s located near Southern Cross Station. The staff are very friendly and the rooms well presented, clean and tidy. It’s at the cheaper end of the scale so you get what you pay for. It’s a long walk into the City for restaurants etc. so be mindful of that. I had a faulty light in my room which flickered so I reported it on day one. It wasn’t repaired so I again reported it on day two. Again it wasn’t repaired and their response was ‘it’s an old hotel ‘
Also they don’t have a secure storage area for your bags should you want to leave them there after checking out and prior to going to the airport. They do have lockers though that you have to pay for and they’re pricey.
I think that’s very poor form.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank Biggeoffrey1
Ibis3030, Front Office Manager at Ibis Melbourne Little Bourke Street, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2018

Dear Biggeoffrey1

Thank you for taking the time to share with us about your recent stay.

We’re sorry that certain aspects of your stay did not meet expectations - we appreciate your support and feedback so we can ensure continual improvement.

We wish you all the best with your future travels.

Kind Regards

Zoe Parker

Reviewed 17 September 2018

Friend and I came to Melbourne for a quick girls break and stayed for three nights.

The main reason why we chose this was location. We caught the plane to Avalon, the Skybus terminal at Southern cross is literally five minutes walk away. We also planned on doing lots of eating and drinking and all the alleyways off Little Bourke was perfect for that.

The room was adequate for two people. it was pretty quiet which was great. There isn't much space but we were only there to sleep so no big deal. You can also order food which you can pick up from reception, and looking at the menu all of it is very reasonably priced (pizza was something like $12).

All the staff we encountered were friendly and helpful.

We had 7GB of WIFI in the room included for free which was a pleasant surprise, in the lobby you can use their WIFI on an unlimited basis.

Left luggage are paid lockers, cost us $11 for seven hours for a big locker.

On a short break, we'd definitely be back to stay here.

ps: in between Southern cross station and the hotel there is a cafe called Higher Ground - highly highly recommended, go early though as they fill up pretty fast. The food is phenomenal.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Tofugirl123

Dear Tofugirl123,

Thank you for your wonderful comments. It is always such a gift to receive positive feedback from our hotel guests.

I will share your comments with our team as I am sure this will encourage our team on thier journey to exceed our guest's expectations.

We hope that you ladies had a great girls trip and Melbourne.

We hope to see you again soon.

Kind regards,