“Lived up to the hype”

Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Central Business District
Reviewed 18 August 2018

We spent much of our week in Melbourne trying Asian restaurants at all price points from elegant like this one to simple laksa or Chinese. This more than any other was a complete delight. Every dish was exceptionally flavorful and completely different from the others, with the exception of a stir-fried chicken and cashew that was only good, Highlight for me was the BBQ duck, which combined succulent meat with crisp skin dusted with sugar and five spices, like eating a fantastic donut and a perfectly cooked duck at the same time. Sounds a little odd perhaps but on my top ten best dishes ever list now. The gai lan, fried salt & pepper tofu, with eggplant chips and turmeric was one of the best Asian veg dishes I have ever eaten (sample size hundreds as I am in a family w 2 vegetarians and we like Asian restaurants).

Thought this was a big steo up in food from Supernormal and Rice Paper Scissors, though enjoyed each of those ery much too!

Write a ReviewReviews (4,991)

Reviewed 14 August 2018

Everything about this place is amazing! Has great food, great drinks and a fantastic vibe. Loved it!

Reviewed 13 August 2018 via mobile

This is my second time to go here,
I just love their foood..even i can close my eyes and pick the menu itself. All delicious!
Love love love!
I will be back when in Melbourne again

1  Thank Welly T
Reviewed 13 August 2018 via mobile

The restaurant was so busy when we are but they found us a table, our order was taken in no time and the food arrived shortly thereafter.......and what a meal! The southern Thai braised goat curry was incredible. We also had the BBQ king salmon in banana leaf and stir fried chicken with chilli jam. A truly outstanding meal and I can’t wait to go back.

Reviewed 13 August 2018 via mobile

Have been visiting it every year with both family and friends. The first time was with my parents and even though we waited for 2 hours ( yes it was a Saturday!!!) still loved the food. My dad who didn’t like any fusions and Thai food absolutely fell for it. The beef ribs and salmon (or some other fish)fin were so yum. After that great experience, I kept going back. However I find the quality of food hasn’t been consistent, sometimes too salty, it happened couple of times now which disappointed me. Having said this, it’s still worth to visit just won’t worth the wait anymore. Their bar is pretty cute

Tip: it opens all day so go there around 4ish on weekends. On weekdays, before 6pm you don’t need to wait. Never order dessert! Too sweet!!!