QT Melbourne(Melbourne)
Adelphi Hotel(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$185
  • Restaurant
Radisson on Flagstaff Gardens(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
  • Restaurant
Quay West Suites Melbourne(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
  • Restaurant
Alto Hotel on Bourke(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
  • Restaurant
Treasury On Collins(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
  • Breakfast included
Art Series - The Larwill Studio(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
  • Fitness centre
Tyrian Serviced Apartments Fitzroy(Fitzroy)(Great Value!)
Hotels.com
All reviewsgreat locationlovely old buildingprincess theatreheritage buildingone bedroom apartmenttop endcentral locationchinatownparliamentbourkecafesmcgkitchenettetransporttennistram
Reviewed 1 May 2018

We really liked the property and it's location however were disappointed that air conditioner was not working as it was 2 hot nights and we could not open windows. Such a shame as we liked the apartment and it suited our needs. We also got overcharged for rollaway bed as we only had one and were charged for two, this was later reimbursed thank you.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 April 2018

Luckily it was only one night because it was horrendous! If you have accessibility needs, avoid this hotel like the plague!!

Where to begin?

We booked an accessible room at Quest Gordon Place. I made the booking by phone to ensure that our requirements were understood and they made notes and took the booking no problem. After our post-stay email, we were told the building is heritage listed and doesn’t have accessible rooms! Maybe someone should tell the girl on the phone that!!

Accessible requires free movement around the room, rails in showers and toilets and seating in the shower. The first room we were offered, 31, was upstairs, through heavy doors, along a cobbled path to another heavy door then 2 flights of stairs with no lift? Completely unsuitable.

We were then offered a supposedly more accessible room, 9, which only required a few stairs and offered a lift, but there was a step up into the room, an immediate red flag.

To be clear, accessible doesn’t mean being able to get to the room, it is the facilities the room offers to the mobility impaired, in this case, none!!

Again the bathroom was not accessible and neither was the bedroom as the bed almost filled the room leaving no room to walk around. Fortunately there was room to back myself with my walker to the toilet and to the bed but I couldn’t go into the room entirely and was unable to close the door for privacy.

I wanted a shower as I had a hospital appointment the next day and the only way I could achieve this was to sit on the floor in the shower, which was so dirty and insufficiently clean, and then call my mum to help me out to avoid slipping.

As if this wasn’t bad enough on arrival I am advised that the parking I had inquired about was actually over a block away on the other side of the street, down a laneway, again not ideal, disabled or not

I was also advised that parking was $25, I was charged $35 then returned to the car park to see I could have stayed overnight regardless of Quest for $10. We were also asked to pay $149 on arrival not the $139 on the booking so I assume they wanted to recover that $10 in anyway possible.

I was advised by the person checking us in that as neither room was suitable and the room we had booked was unavailable that we would be compensated but surprisingly there was no mention of it when we checked out and we were not asked how our stay was with Quest!

I cannot tell you how distressing and disappointing our visit to Quest was. I would suggest you train your staff in the requirements of disability so as to avoid the stress and humiliation incurred. Quest should not be accepting accessible bookings if they are not able to offer adequate facilities and access to rooms.

Room Tip: There aren't accessible rooms and any room along the road/lane is so noisy, with people, rubbish disposal etc.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 April 2018

The only downfall was arriving at the hotel to find you needed to check in at a different location. Once we were at the right location check in was a breeze. Great location. Great price. Rooms clean and a city circle tram just metres from the door.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 April 2018

Avoid room 66. Very very noisy, fronts onto Little Bourke St footpath. Garbage trucks start at 4am on a Monday morning. Very very dark, no privacy unless wooden shutters are kept closed. If I'd have known the room location, the great price would have meant nothing.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 April 2018

This property is structurally magnificent but the rooms are getting a bit tired. Great location and nice and quiet due to the design. Nice courtyard area and indoor pool, just needs some TLC. Also a shame there is no reception on Little Bourke St, you have to go around to Lonsdale St quest to check in.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business