5,803 results
All reviews atrium bar prestige suite luxury room the club lounge corner room pillow menu accor member top end star hotel shower over the bath turn down service valet parking bottle of champagne an upgrade high tea flinders lane tram stop
Reviewed 9 May 2018

From arriving to the hotel you are treated in high regard by being greeted from the concierge and experience staff at reception who all know the position so well and nothing seem to be any trouble and best of all having your bed turned down in the evening . The location is exceptional with the exclusive bar on the 35 Floor "The Atrium on 35" for you socializing in style with business clients . The restaurant has some of the best views in The Melbourne City and just worth going to see the night lights of the city and also the toilets with a full glass window with view to the city. The Hotel is only a 5 to 10 Minute walk to the fine dinning restaurants and the street art alley ways and if need to get any wherein the city circle just hop on the trams which are free but be careful not to go to the outer suburbs as the trams need to be paid with Opal cards . I can only recommend the stay with the Sofitel on Collins for its service and quality to detail

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
C_Scott_GM_, General Manager at Sofitel Melbourne on Collins, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2018

Thank you very much for your fantastic feedback. I am extremely pleased to know that you had a very pleasant stay and enjoyed our high level of service. We are dedicated to constantly improve our services and your positive words are much appreciated by everyone here. I do hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon at Sofitel Melbourne on Collins.

Reviewed 7 May 2018 via mobile

The hotel is in a great location and very convenient to everything in the city.

Check in was very good and we were able to get our room at 9am which was a real bonus. Rooms are nicely presented but do need to be upgraded in my opinion.
Bathrobe had a hole in it from what looked like wear and tear. Bathroom is “ok” and would expect a bit more of a modernised room for what you pay. The view however is amazing.

House keeping is flawless and staff are so great.

The lifts are a real pain and take ages. The access card system and push button on the screen was a bit hit and miss and created some laughter amongst some guest.

Atrium 35 is nice and had great atmosphere.

The internal central atrium is amazing.

Room service dessert platter is over priced for what it is and some desserts were not nice.

Young chap on front desk was unable to give us any useful information on time to leave for the airport so we gave up on him and used googled. Think he was more interested in doing his hair and makeup.

Sofis Cafe was ok. Nothing overly special.

I’m confused with this place and can’t put my finger on it what is wrong. Sofitel in Queenstown, NZ is outstanding and I couldn’t fault it - but this hotel in Melbourne is just a bit strange.

I’d stay here again as the location for me would be the biggest draw card.

I think overall it just needs some refining.

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor . Whilst it delights me to read you were impressed with certain aspects of your experience, we were very concerned to read about the aspects you expressed disappointment with. We apologise that these issues kept you from having a flawless visit and will work on them with our team here. We do hope to see you again sometime in the future.

Reviewed 7 May 2018

This hotel was in a great location close to all the places to visit while in Melbourne and close to public transport.
There was fabulous food and service.
Polite and friendly staff were keen to help whenever the need arose.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
C_Scott_GM_, General Manager at Sofitel Melbourne on Collins, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2018

Thank you for posting a lovely review of your stay at Sofitel Melbourne On Collins. I am delighted that you enjoyed our exceptional location in central Melbourne and that you appreciated the service of our friendly and welcoming staff. I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 6 May 2018 via mobile

I have just spent 2 nights at this hotel for a conference and was incredibly impressed from the minute I arrived. The service from concierge to wait staff at dinner were impeccably mannered. The hotel room (King room) was comfortable, stylish and had a fantastic view from the 46th floor. There was a digital touch screen for control of all the room lighting from the bed and an iPad to order room service, tray collection, taxis, shoe shines etc. I could not fault any aspect of my stay and it was an absolute pleasure. This is the finest hotel I’ve stayed at in Melbourne and I highly recommend it. Thank you Sofitel!

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business

Thank you very much for this fantastic feedback. We are absolutely delighted that were incredibly impressed with our hotel, our services and especially our Ambassadors. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 3 May 2018 via mobile

We spent 2 fabulous nights at this hotel on a Luxury Escape booking. The Luxury Escape gives access to Club Sofitel including breakfast, light lunch, afternoon tea and evening canapés which is tremendous value. Club Sofitel rooms are big and luxurious at the very high levels of this tall hotel affording spectacular views, however we had to move to a room at a lower level for a walk in shower, higher rooms having bath over shower. Still at level 38, we had great views of the MCG, Rod Lever Arena and the prettily lit Rectangular Stadium et al and comfortable. Sofitel service was wonderful everywhere, with Sam at check-in and Yasmin at Club Sofitel exemplary in their extra attention to my elderly mum I was travelling with for her birthday. The guest relations manager even called in advance to check if bubbly and chocolates would be enjoyed by her - and indeed all that was much appreciated. Food at the restaurant and at club Sofitel was lovely. The tram just outside hotel is most convenient and short walks to the park, cathedral and more makes it a super location at the fashionable ‘Paris end’ of Collins St.

Trip type: Travelled with family
C_Scott_GM_, General Manager at Sofitel Melbourne on Collins, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2018

It is fabulous to hear that you enjoyed your stay and we are delighted to know that you enjoyed all aspects of it, especially the Club Sofitel experience. We appreciate your kind feedback about our team, especially about Yasmin, Sam & Terence and we will ensure this is shared. We look forward to welcoming you again soon.