5,738 results
All reviews atrium bar prestige suite luxury room the club lounge corner room pillow menu accor member top end star hotel shower over the bath turn down service valet parking bottle of champagne high tea an upgrade rod laver arena flinders lane
Reviewed 9 May 2018

From arriving to the hotel you are treated in high regard by being greeted from the concierge and experience staff at reception who all know the position so well and nothing seem to be any trouble and best of all having your bed turned down in the evening . The location is exceptional with the exclusive bar on the 35 Floor "The Atrium on 35" for you socializing in style with business clients . The restaurant has some of the best views in The Melbourne City and just worth going to see the night lights of the city and also the toilets with a full glass window with view to the city. The Hotel is only a 5 to 10 Minute walk to the fine dinning restaurants and the street art alley ways and if need to get any wherein the city circle just hop on the trams which are free but be careful not to go to the outer suburbs as the trams need to be paid with Opal cards . I can only recommend the stay with the Sofitel on Collins for its service and quality to detail

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
C_Scott_GM_, General Manager at Sofitel Melbourne on Collins, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2018

Thank you very much for your fantastic feedback. I am extremely pleased to know that you had a very pleasant stay and enjoyed our high level of service. We are dedicated to constantly improve our services and your positive words are much appreciated by everyone here. I do hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon at Sofitel Melbourne on Collins.

Reviewed 7 May 2018 via mobile

The hotel is in a great location and very convenient to everything in the city.

Check in was very good and we were able to get our room at 9am which was a real bonus. Rooms are nicely presented but do need to be upgraded in my opinion.
Bathrobe had a hole in it from what looked like wear and tear. Bathroom is “ok” and would expect a bit more of a modernised room for what you pay. The view however is amazing.

House keeping is flawless and staff are so great.

The lifts are a real pain and take ages. The access card system and push button on the screen was a bit hit and miss and created some laughter amongst some guest.

Atrium 35 is nice and had great atmosphere.

The internal central atrium is amazing.

Room service dessert platter is over priced for what it is and some desserts were not nice.

Young chap on front desk was unable to give us any useful information on time to leave for the airport so we gave up on him and used googled. Think he was more interested in doing his hair and makeup.

Sofis Cafe was ok. Nothing overly special.

I’m confused with this place and can’t put my finger on it what is wrong. Sofitel in Queenstown, NZ is outstanding and I couldn’t fault it - but this hotel in Melbourne is just a bit strange.

I’d stay here again as the location for me would be the biggest draw card.

I think overall it just needs some refining.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor . Whilst it delights me to read you were impressed with certain aspects of your experience, we were very concerned to read about the aspects you expressed disappointment with. We apologise that these issues kept you from having a flawless visit and will work on them with our team here. We do hope to see you again sometime in the future.

Reviewed 7 May 2018

Regardless of an upgrade, a wonderful dinner at #35, or how terribly polite and helpful the staff were, one cannot escape the glaring obvious - the hotel is in dire need of a refurbishment! There is something so sad about the fact that this once beautiful hotel has become a faded star.
There is so much wasted space! Our 'prestige suite' was huge, but it had a bathroom the size of an ensuite, with a shower over the bath! And, the Club lounge is not only quite small, but it has the worst food we've ever experienced at a Sofitel! Yes,the club lounge has great views, but that doesn't make up for the lack of space or, worse, the fact that the food offerings were really inadequate, not well presented and tasted terrible! We also were really put off by the way people were more than generously availing themselves to the 'bar' which seemed to be a bigger feature than any food! (Never seen this happen in a Club lounge before).
There was a large conference happening during our stay and it seemed this is where the hotel is positioning itself, possibly to the detriment of its other clientele.
We'd really like to give more stars, but after staying at the Sofitel at Darling Harbour the Melbourne Sofitel isn't really in the 5 star game anymore.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Gattaca616
C_Scott_GM_, General Manager at Sofitel Melbourne on Collins, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2018

Thank you for your constructive feedback following your recent visit to Sofitel Melbourne on Collins. We are was appreciative of your comments in relation to where we can improve our hotel and we take these on board. We are looking to update our hotel rooms within the next 12 months including bathrooms. We apologise. Once again, thank you for bringing your experience to my attention and hope we will see you again one day in the future.

Reviewed 7 May 2018

This hotel was in a great location close to all the places to visit while in Melbourne and close to public transport.
There was fabulous food and service.
Polite and friendly staff were keen to help whenever the need arose.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
C_Scott_GM_, General Manager at Sofitel Melbourne on Collins, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2018

Thank you for posting a lovely review of your stay at Sofitel Melbourne On Collins. I am delighted that you enjoyed our exceptional location in central Melbourne and that you appreciated the service of our friendly and welcoming staff. I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 6 May 2018 via mobile

I have just spent 2 nights at this hotel for a conference and was incredibly impressed from the minute I arrived. The service from concierge to wait staff at dinner were impeccably mannered. The hotel room (King room) was comfortable, stylish and had a fantastic view from the 46th floor. There was a digital touch screen for control of all the room lighting from the bed and an iPad to order room service, tray collection, taxis, shoe shines etc. I could not fault any aspect of my stay and it was an absolute pleasure. This is the finest hotel I’ve stayed at in Melbourne and I highly recommend it. Thank you Sofitel!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business

Thank you very much for this fantastic feedback. We are absolutely delighted that were incredibly impressed with our hotel, our services and especially our Ambassadors. We look forward to seeing you again soon.