4,302 results
All reviews southern cross station great location skybus terminal sky bus etihad stadium spencer street public transport free trams easy access room service buffet breakfast pleasant stay crown casino would stay again valet parking bed was comfortable central location
Reviewed 17 February 2018 via mobile

I recently stayed one night at the Vibe Savoy Melbourne and I will not be returning. Myself and my travelling companion had a less than impressive stay and I would not recommend this hotel to anyone. I encourage anyone considering this hotel to read this review in detail so that you know what to expect.

I booked a twin room on hotels.com and paid about $150 on sale with a promo code, with the room advertised as having a regular rate of $220. I thought, based on the photos and the price point, and the fact that most reviews here had been reasonable, that we could expect a decent hotel room. I was wrong.

From check in I had a feeling it wasn’t going to be good. We were checked in by a gentleman named Lobsung/Lopsung (spelling likely incorrect) who was fairly abrupt. No smile, no asking how we were, no friendly manner - and looked like he wanted to be anywhere but there. Even though I’d come in with multiple bags he didn’t offer anyone to assist with luggage, didn’t explain any of the hotel’s facilities or even tell me where the elevators were, just handed me the room cards and sent us on our way. Even for mid-range hotel standards, the service was just plain bad.

We’d been given a room on the fourth floor, facing Southern Cross Station. When I opened the door, I was immediately disappointed. It looked nothing like the photographs online. The room was very dated, with stains on the carpet and tired furniture. A beer bottletop had been left on the floor. The mini fridge (located with the television inside an old cupboard) looked at least 20 years old. The bed was hard, and the pillows even worse.

The standard of the room was not up to scratch but it was nothing compared to the noise we got that night. In what was a curious room design, one wall actually had a locked door built into it - I realised later this door was probably used to allow for movement between adjoining rooms by the cleaners or guests who had booked two rooms. By having a door instead of a full wall, we heard everything from the room next to us - their television, their conversations, when they coughed, even when they were on the toilet. It was appalling! We put extra pillows against the door in an attempt to block them out to no avail - we still heard the lot. I got woken up by the same people about 6:00am when I heard them getting up. I now know much more about the strangers next door than I ever wanted to, thanks to the shoddy rooms at the Vibe Savoy.

Fairly late that night the guests on the other side of us came back. Every time they went in and out the room would shake when they closed the door. It was like we were closing our own door the noise was so loud. Every single time... bang, followed by a shudder of the walls. Not exactly conducive to a good night’s sleep. Eventually I crashed out from tiredness sometime near midnight but my travelling partner said they were woken up a few times during the night from guest doors slamming shut. When you factor in outside noise from trams and traffic (which was nowhere near as bad as the hotel itself), it made for a fairly unpleasant night.

Would I stay here again, even accounting for the convenience to Southern Cross Station? Definitely not. If you want a restful night, pay a little more and go more upmarket. It’s worth it.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank room_downstairs
Kirby C, Front Office Manager at Vibe Savoy Hotel Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2018

Dear room_downstairs,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay.

I am disappointed to hear you had a few problems with your check in, the management team is looking into your concerns and they will be addressed promptly. I have taken on your comments about our Front Office team and the feedback provided will form part of the teams’ training.

The interconnecting door that between the rooms are used for guests that require interconnecting rooms. I have shared your feedback to the maintenance team who is going to conduct further investigation to identify and rectify the issue raised in order to prevent it from causing further disturbance to other guests.

If you could kindly contact the hotel on 03 9622 8888 to discuss your review further that would be greatly appreciated.

I am really sorry to hear you had a few problems arise during your stay, we hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel so that you can experience the service we are truly capable of.

Regards,
Mary Hotman
Duty Manager

Reviewed 17 February 2018

Very good check in service - I was running late for appointment due to traffic and felt they understood that and made a very conscious effort to get me out promptly - luggage and vehicle were taken care

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Kirby C, Front Office Manager at Vibe Savoy Hotel Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2018

Dear Heathlane,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your valuable feedback.We are glad you had great Vibes at the Vibe during your stay and we hope to welcome you back again in the near future.

Lobsang Thutop

Reviewed 16 February 2018

Very convenient location (opposite Southern Cross Station), friendly and helpful staff, nice room and facilities. Nice piece of sirloin at restaurant. Good facilities. Good equipment in rooms. We would certainly book again if we ever come back to Melbourne.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Kirby C, Guest Relations Manager at Vibe Savoy Hotel Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2018

Dear lsands2018,

Thank you for your lovely review.
The team and I are pleased to read that you not only enjoyed the location of the hotel, but that our rooms created the perfect setting for you to enjoy your recent trip to Melbourne.

The management team and I enjoyed reading about our team being ‘friendly’ and ‘accommodating to your needs’. Their passion for hospitality is demonstrated by compliments such as yours.

Manu Narsiah

Reviewed 14 February 2018

This hotel is in a perfect position. Close to everything. Rooms are small but neat. Pricing is quite good for its location. Could be more up to date with facilities. Wet towels on the floor from previous guest. Had to call housekeeping to fix tv which kept going on the blink.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Kirby C, Guest Relations Manager at Vibe Savoy Hotel Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2018

Dear Sharon A,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay.

We are delighted to hear that our location suited your needs throughout your stay. We are lucky to be located in such a central location; it makes it very easy for our guests to explore all that Melbourne has to offer!

Thank you for your feedback regarding housekeeping please note this is not indicative of the service at Vibe Savoy Melbourne. We have passed on your concerns to our housekeeping department and the feedback provided will form part of the teams’ training.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel so that you can experience what we are truly capable of.

Manu Narsiah
Duty Manager

Reviewed 14 February 2018

As many have said, the location of the Vibe Savoy is excellent! The room was small but very clean and comfortable. There is noise from being in the city across from Southern Cross Train Station and traffic but was not overly loud. The breakfast buffet, which was included in our deal, was minimal, lukewarm and basic. The cleanliness of the breakfast buffet area needs a good clean! Staff was friendly and professional.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Kirby C, Front Office Manager at Vibe Savoy Hotel Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2018

Dear

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your valuable feedback.Thank you for recognising the hard work housekeeping does in maintaining our rooms. I have passed on your compliments to the team who expressed their appreciation for your acknowledgment.I am sorry to hear that your breakfast was below the standard but we are looking into ways for improvements.Your feedback in relation to the team being friendly and helpful was received with much delight by our Management Team.

Losbang Thutop