2,261 results
All reviews chapel street south yarra spoonbill restaurant smart car deluxe studio suite sun deck toorak road room service restaurant downstairs boutique hotel mini bar little things great room location is great comfy bed late check visiting melbourne
Reviewed 19 September 2018

My recent stay at The Olsen was fabulous. I loved the decor, layout and generous size of the room.The staff were always friendly and very helpful.Parking was easy and the location is great.Best of all was the bed and pillows. I slept like a baby!

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 September 2018 via mobile

Checked in to a studio suite room, I immediately feel disappointed, it was old and tiny. Not worth the $240 I paid a night. Bed is small, bathroom is basic and very small, 2 people would not fit at the same time. It reminded me of a MOTEL I stayed in once in a small country town. It definitely was not what I was expecting from a hotel in South Yarra. Anyway, won’t be staying here again. I do believe the other rooms may be better, maybe they would be worth a try.

Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank lindapT5855SH
NickGouin, General Manager at Art Series - The Olsen, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2018

Hi Linda,

We always welcome our guests feedback because each and every time we try our best to take something constructive out of it that will make us better for the next guest.

We are disappointed that The Olsen did not meet your expectations. We have a team on hand 24 hours a day who are here to help make your experience a positive one. If you had of expressed your disappointment during your stay we would have been able to assist to make things more comfortable.

All of our suites come with Queen or King beds and we have a variety of sized rooms ranging from 28sqm up to 160sqm. I can only presume the motel you stayed in had a Queen bed, instead of a King.

I would encourage you to reach out to me personally, as I would be more than happy to assist with a future stay in one of our larger suites.

nick.gouin@artserieshotels.com.au

All the best for your future travels.

Reviewed 17 September 2018

Stayed in this hotel for 6 nights for business trip, everything was great.

The check in was fast and efficient, everything has been prepared.
Room was really nice with own mini kitchen set (electric stove) and dishwasher in your room.
Great experience with the breakfast at Spoonbill !

the hotel is located strategically in Chapel street surrounded by shops and groceries.

Date of stay: August 2018
1  Thank HChandra25
Reviewed 17 September 2018

We chanced upon a fabulous couples weekend escape package at The Olsen and snapped it up for a kid free weekend. Great location - loved being 2 train stops from the city but also out of the "rat race". Lovely room, smaller than the other Art Series we've stayed in but this was the basic room and it was still well decorated and furnished to usual standards. Pillows were only feathers which we don't like but we probably could have asked for alternatives, but we just never got around to it. Breaky service was a little slow and frazzled when it was busy, but fine when it was quiet. Overall - great stay and we'd be back especially if this weekend escape package popped up again!

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 September 2018

Safety in the gym & pools, sign for parent supervision, ectRooms are well maintained and well serviced.Staff very friendly and helpfull.Food was of high quality.Beds are a little soft but still very comfortable.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for staying with us at The Olsen. We really appreciate your comments.

We do have a safety sign at the entrance to the pool. While we do have regular security checks, we do rely on parents to supervise their child.

I really appreciate your kinds words about the staff and we are glad to know you enjoyed your meals with us.

We hope it's not too long before we see you again.