2,237 results
All reviews chapel street south yarra spoonbill restaurant glass bottom smart car deluxe studio suite sun deck toorak road restaurant downstairs boutique hotel room service mini bar little things location is great great room comfy bed visiting melbourne
Reviewed 3 June 2018

I often stay at the Olsen for Business and it's always organised for me, but I'm happy, i always know what I'm getting and it's always pleasant. Better/ more options could be provided for room service so as to avoid using third party suppliers such as Uber eats, cos I often return to hotel late after working.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
NickGouin, General Manager at Art Series - The Olsen, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2018

Hi Elena,

Thank you for your long time support of The Olsen, we really appreciate your business. Thank you for your feedback regarding the room service menu. Keep your eyes peeled for the new winter menu which will be out soon.

If we can ever assist in the future please make sure you reach out. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 3 June 2018 via mobile

We spent a night at The The Olsen from a Red Balloon experience we received as a gift.

Check in was seamless and professional and the studio room was clean and lovely. The artwork was superb.

It went pear shaped from there. We headed out to dinner shortly after arriving to find a group from a hens party staying at the hotel at the lift. They were intoxicated and it was only 6.30pm! We knew it wasn’t going to be good from here and we were right.

The group from the hens party kept us up all night until at around 3am another guest, like us, had clearly had enough and in no uncertain terms told them to be quiet. They continued slamming doors and going in and out of each other’s rooms until around 6am.

It was terrible and not helped by the fact that when we told the gentleman on reception our issues at checkout he wasn’t really interested. In fact he was only interested in advising us of our charges - which were not correct we might add. We felt like second class citizens staying there with a red balloon voucher and were treated accordingly. We advised the gentleman at check out that parking was included with our package - to this he replied “ok, I will look into that”. He totally dismissed us and was quite rude.

Terrible customer service. Terrible night. Sadly we will not be back. We have stayed at some wonderful hotels and are Hyatt Club members. Never have we been treated in such a manner. Appalling.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Natasha L

Hello Natasha,

Thank you for bringing this to my attention. I am so sorry that this has happened and has ruined what should have been a nice experience. Please allow me a short time to investigate.

Given Trip Advisor is anonymous I would encourage you to contact me personally so we can assist you directly.

Nick Gouin - General Manager
nick.gouin@artserieshotels.com.au
+61 3 9040 1252

Please rest assured that this is not the way in which we deal with such issues and I will be doing everything I can to resolve this for you.

Reviewed 3 June 2018

The Olsen is just so cool and the staff are super friendly and make you feel very welcome. Love the artwork too. The bed and pillows are some of the best I’ve experienced. Always a great sleep. Great having the little kitchen too if you want to cook.

Hi Mark,

Thanks heaps for taking the time to pass on your feedback. We are really pleased that your enjoyed your stay at The Olsen. Our aim is to always provide a friendly and genuine style of service, which we are pleased to know you received.

We are glad to know you had a great sleep and hope you'll be back soon enough for another one.

Reviewed 2 June 2018

Plumbing always noisy in hotel rooms this is no different
Great location
Great friendly helpful staff
Parking good
Stove in the room great idea
Happy with value
Above average all around
Thanks
Didn’t try the restaurant
Next time maybe

Reviewed 1 June 2018

Stayed at The Olsen for our wedding accom and also the night before our wedding. The service was unbelievable. Nothing was too hard and the wedding checklist they provide is fantastic. Thank you so much.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple