4,132 results
All reviewsthe executive loungesouth wharfyarra riverrelaxation suitehilton hotelyarra suiteconvention centerblackout blindsblack out blindsdfo shoppingcrown casinofloor to ceiling windowsattending a conferencecity viewwalk in showerroom servicebars and restaurants
Reviewed 18 February 2018

Booked the hotel as a surprise for hubby for our anniversary. The hotel went out of their way to accommodate us! I requested late check out so we could sleep in since we were planning a late night out. We ended up getting breakfast and the buffet was great, lots of choices and different cultural food. We really enjoyed the big fluffy beds, even tried to figure out what brand comforters they use but couldn't find the tags, would love to buy these for my bed. Amazing views of Melbourne and very happy with my stay. Will definitely stay again. Thanks to the staff for being so nice and providing exceptional customer service!

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Craig B, General Manager at Pan Pacific Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2018

Dear Edvina,

Thank you very much for posting a review following your recent stay at Pan Pacific Melbourne.

We are truly passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences and I was very pleased to learn of your great satisfaction with our hotel's standard of service.

It is particularly motivating to receive comments like the ones you provided on our staff. Rest assured I will convey your compliments to them.

The team and I appreciate your feedback and we all look forward to your return in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 17 February 2018

As a former Hilton hotel (and being a Diamond member) it's sad that the hotel is now a Pan Pacific, but much of the hotel has remained the same - which means very good, clean and spacious rooms - absolutely perfect.

Few small issues - having to explain that I booked a room with an upgrade - but nowhere in the system did it show that I booked this package - however, that was quickly fixed up.

Room services was average - decided on a simple club sandwich, but the chicken was cold and tough - wouldn't order from room service again.

All in all - great hotel and will definitely come back.

Room Tip: Get skyline room - well worth it.
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
2  Thank InnCairnsHotel

Thank you very much for posting your feedback on your recent stay at Pan Pacific Melbourne.

As part of the Pan Pacific brand, we are passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences and I was delighted to learn that you were very happy with our service.

However, I have noted your comments on the upgrade and room service. We sincerely regret the inconvenience and disappointment caused. I would like to assure you this is not the typical guest experience that we deliver. Please be assured our Reservation Department and Executive Chef have addressed your comments to prevent any such repetition in the future for our guests’ best interest and to ensure that our guests' experience is of the quality that is expected of the Pan Pacific brand.

I greatly appreciate your feedback. Your views enable us to monitor our guests' needs and expectations and help us evaluate the standard of our services and facilities.

Once again, please accept our deepest regret. We do hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the not too distant future to experience the five star standard we pride ourselves on.

Reviewed 16 February 2018 via mobile

Stayed for one night on a Discovery Package which included parking and breakfast. The value was excellent, we were upgraded to a room with a fantastic view up the Yarra River and the city.
The room could not be faulted, appearance, cleanliness and ambience.
The staff throughout the hotel that we dealt with were friendly, efficient and a credit to the management of the hotel.
The location is next to the Melbourne Convention Centre, close to the casino but a bit of a walk to Southbank.
We had dinner at the restaurant, that was enjoyable as well.
We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and would stay again if in the city.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple

We are indeed superbly located next to the Melbourne Convention & Exhibition Centre and close to Crown Casino, and I am very pleased you find it extremely convenient.

Reviewed 15 February 2018 via mobile

The ratings could be below average. I lost my ipad and told 3 people who do not seem interested in finding it for me. When I asked the last lady she said oh we are still investigating and I had checked out of the hotel and no word whatsoever. I categorically said that I needed to work and am so addicted to my ipad.

The lady that checked me in and another who checked me out were splendid. They were pleasant and super efficient.

The buffet breakfast was awful and baked beans tasted weird.

The views from the room of course is great as some of them oversee the river etc.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 February 2018

Just what you expect from a 5 star hotel, friendly efficient staff from the concierge, reception, restaurant and house keeping staff throughout our stay, clean room well appointed with everything you need, my wife loved the make up mirror and the plunger coffee made a nice change from the usual sachets. If you can, try and get a River View room as the view is spectacular, we were on the 7th floor and when the lights came on at night and the Casino flame towers lit up it was spectacular, we could also see helicopters landing on the floating helipad. There are currently some refurbishments going on inside the hotel as well as over the road from it but we didn't notice any noise at all. Breakfast at the Dock 37 restaurant on the ground floor was the best I have eaten in Melbourne and apart from the Intercontinental in Sydney the best I have eaten in Australia (see separate review). Valet parking is available but you can self park in the DFO car park over the way and there is a good supermarket/bottle shop next door for those drinks and snacks and things you left at home though I thought the mini bar prices in the room were quite reasonable I heartily recommend this hotel if you are looking for 5 star accommodation in Melbourne especially if you from the country attending a show at the Convention Centre/ Plenary.

Room Tip: River View on a middle floor
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple

We are indeed superbly located next to the Melbourne Convention & Exhibition Centre and I am very pleased you find it extremely convenient.