“Outstanding”

Saxe
Ranked #419 of 4,622 Restaurants in Melbourne
Price range: US$3 - US$29
Neighbourhood: Central Business District
Description: Modern Australian restaurant led by Joe Grbac. casual fine dining at its best. Reservation are welcomed but walk ins are always welcomed, a la carte and chefs tasting menu catering for vegetarian, vegan and gluten free
Reviewed 29 June 2018 via mobile

We dined at Saxe for my wife’s birthday, food was out standing and in such a beautiful dining room.. we would absolutely recommend for everyone to check out.

Reviewed 29 June 2018 via mobile

Beautifully prepared flavoursome food. Couldn’t fault the experience at Saxe, great wine list, skilfully prepared food with great flavours that will leave your mouth with an explosion of flavour. Attentive and knowledgeable waiters with a great atmosphere 10/10

Reviewed 29 June 2018 via mobile

I visited Saxe with a couple of clients while I was staying in the city on a Monday night.
It's really nice to have a restaurant open in the city on a Monday night. A lot of venues only open Tuesday - Saturday.
The food was really good, presented nicely and it didn't blow the bank balance. For what we received as part of the 8 course tasting menu it was fair. My favourite dish was the tuna and broccoli dish.

Reviewed 7 June 2018 via mobile

Caught up with a long standing colleague for lunch who recommended this place. How right he was. Great service and wonderful suggestion of a Merrans Gamay from Beaujolais $66 - magnificent wine and wonderful with the duck main course each of us ordered. The wine was not on the wine list.

Some interesting starters and coffee total $180 for 2. Nudging 5 stars. Recommended and definitely return.

Reviewed 20 May 2018 via mobile

My mother and I booked Saxe as we wanted to try somewhere new on our trip to Melbourne. We are big fans of Saint Crispin, and Saxe certainly didn’t disappoint. We chose the $85 five course menu, which was incredibly generous. Our menu incorporated bread and a few snacks to start, followed by Egg and Celeriac, Quail, Chicken, Pork and a Raspberry Dessert. I cannot fault any of the dishes, my partner also would of been full following the substantial servings. Pork was the highlight! The service was also great! And wines by the glass were reasonable priced. An excellent new spot on the Melb dining scene!