“Enjoyable dinner”

Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Central Business District
Reviewed 6 October 2018 via mobile

Was enticed by the sweet talking host’s offer of free drink and entree. Entree was trio of dips which was nothing special - three dips spooned on a plate with 4 pieces of bread on top. Mains were the Caesar salad and cannelloni - Caesar was well dressed and tasty, a few lettuce stalks were a bit brown and bacon was cold.

Food came out quick and the staff were friendly and nice.

Reviewed 5 October 2018 via mobile

We were lured in by the free drink offered by the host out front. The staff were attentive and friendly but something about the place felt a miss. My son even said he was waiting for Gordon Ramsey to start yelling how bad this place is from the kitchen lol.
So we read some reviews which were mixed, crossed our fingers and hoped for the best.
But alas the food was very poor and definitely wasn’t worth the cost, the free drink didn’t make up for it. Very disappointed.
The place needs some TLC and perhaps the staff needs a uniform or more professional looking attire.
Wouldn’t recommend or go back.

Reviewed 27 September 2018 via mobile

Sadly Vons has gone downhill . We have always paid a visit for dinner when in Melb but tonight's experience has turned us off returning. Lamb shanks were dry and red wine glaze was burnt. Cannellini was swimming in sauce and cheese with 'salad' sitting in top.

Reviewed 25 September 2018

We had dinner at this restaurant and enjoyed it very much. The service is very good and the food well cooked and fresh!

Reviewed 13 August 2018 via mobile

Unfortunately I had a very poor experience here.
Quality of food was poor. Bruschetta to start was served within 2 mins, thin and far too much vinegar. Steak and Kids Pasta for main.....steak was ok and cooked reasonably to my request, however served with a small selection of what seemed liked microwave veg....so over priced, $20 max not the higher price. Kids pasta was disgraceful, the pasta was luke warm and so rubbery it had clearly been sitting cooked and maybe reheated in a microwave, my daughter didn't eat any of it. The staff actually agreed that it was unacceptable.

I did complain and they did reduce the price of the bill substantially, however this experience ruined the reasoning to be there a speacial Occassion with my daughter who lives overseas.

On top of this, there is an overly aggressive guy who tries to get people into the restaurant, he is a big problem, people want to be charmed when entering, he is just over bearing, I would suggest he works elsewhere!

Then no toilet paper or hand towels in with toilets, it was 7pm on a sat night, just unacceptable.

Hardwear land was packed, this restaurant was not and now I know why, great location but with such poor food, service and attention to detail, I understand why and I will not be going back.