“A great place to eat in Melbourne”

Vons Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #874 of 4,618 Restaurants in Melbourne
Price range: US$14 - US$29
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Australian, International
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Central Business District
Reviewed 25 September 2018

We had dinner at this restaurant and enjoyed it very much. The service is very good and the food well cooked and fresh!

Reviewed 13 August 2018 via mobile

Unfortunately I had a very poor experience here.
Quality of food was poor. Bruschetta to start was served within 2 mins, thin and far too much vinegar. Steak and Kids Pasta for main.....steak was ok and cooked reasonably to my request, however served with a small selection of what seemed liked microwave veg....so over priced, $20 max not the higher price. Kids pasta was disgraceful, the pasta was luke warm and so rubbery it had clearly been sitting cooked and maybe reheated in a microwave, my daughter didn't eat any of it. The staff actually agreed that it was unacceptable.

I did complain and they did reduce the price of the bill substantially, however this experience ruined the reasoning to be there a speacial Occassion with my daughter who lives overseas.

On top of this, there is an overly aggressive guy who tries to get people into the restaurant, he is a big problem, people want to be charmed when entering, he is just over bearing, I would suggest he works elsewhere!

Then no toilet paper or hand towels in with toilets, it was 7pm on a sat night, just unacceptable.

Hardwear land was packed, this restaurant was not and now I know why, great location but with such poor food, service and attention to detail, I understand why and I will not be going back.

Reviewed 24 July 2018 via mobile

It’s located in Hardware Ln. During lunch time, you can find the reasonable lunch menu. The lady who starved us was very friendly and good was tasty.

Reviewed 20 July 2018 via mobile

On my recent trip to Melbourne to visit family had the unpleasant experience of being lured in to Vons by the smooth talking host as my family and I made the mistake of slowing down long enough for him to get his pitch rolling. I have to admit it sounded pretty good. A free drink for each of us (there was 6 of us in total) including anything on the menu, any beer and any of the housewines. Not only that but if we purchased an entree we got a bread entree free and we could also have the first entree half price! It was sounding better and better the more he kept pitching. So we were sold. We went in and sat down (thankfully not to the smashed in widow that was semi sectioned off) and proceeded to look at the menu and choose our drinks. When we went to order these 'free' drinks however we were met by roadblock after roadblock. Seemed the waitress and the smooth talking host were not on the same page as the 'Any free drink' pitch was not any drink at all. Not only that but my father specifically asked if it was Coka Cola that they had to which the waitress replied yes. I had to correct her as it was Pepsi they had. So the 'Any free drink' became very limited which normally I am understanding of if it had not been pitched to us under false pretenses and if we were not met with nervous giggling when we brought this up to the waitress about her and the host needing to be on the same page. The final straw was my partner coming back to the table and informing us the Chef had been in the bathroom at the same time and had left without washing his hands. After the shady experience with the host and the waitress we decided to not take our chances and got out of there quick smart. Don't waste your time folks! It is all a scam.

Reviewed 19 July 2018

Good food, good service ce and great atmoshere. Easy to find, it’s situated at the top end of Hardware Lane, Melbourne.