“Reasonable lunch”

Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Central Business District
Reviewed 24 July 2018 via mobile

It’s located in Hardware Ln. During lunch time, you can find the reasonable lunch menu. The lady who starved us was very friendly and good was tasty.

Reviewed 20 July 2018 via mobile

On my recent trip to Melbourne to visit family had the unpleasant experience of being lured in to Vons by the smooth talking host as my family and I made the mistake of slowing down long enough for him to get his pitch rolling. I have to admit it sounded pretty good. A free drink for each of us (there was 6 of us in total) including anything on the menu, any beer and any of the housewines. Not only that but if we purchased an entree we got a bread entree free and we could also have the first entree half price! It was sounding better and better the more he kept pitching. So we were sold. We went in and sat down (thankfully not to the smashed in widow that was semi sectioned off) and proceeded to look at the menu and choose our drinks. When we went to order these 'free' drinks however we were met by roadblock after roadblock. Seemed the waitress and the smooth talking host were not on the same page as the 'Any free drink' pitch was not any drink at all. Not only that but my father specifically asked if it was Coka Cola that they had to which the waitress replied yes. I had to correct her as it was Pepsi they had. So the 'Any free drink' became very limited which normally I am understanding of if it had not been pitched to us under false pretenses and if we were not met with nervous giggling when we brought this up to the waitress about her and the host needing to be on the same page. The final straw was my partner coming back to the table and informing us the Chef had been in the bathroom at the same time and had left without washing his hands. After the shady experience with the host and the waitress we decided to not take our chances and got out of there quick smart. Don't waste your time folks! It is all a scam.

Reviewed 19 July 2018

Good food, good service ce and great atmoshere. Easy to find, it’s situated at the top end of Hardware Lane, Melbourne.

Reviewed 15 July 2018 via mobile

Loved the vibe and sitting in the lane way even in winter was really nice.

Got a nice deal where our first drink and entree were free. This was basically a $30 value. The food was ok but not spectacular. But the cost was reasonable as well.

They really should get their shattered windows fixed though. It wasn’t clear how recent that damage was but my daughters seats were literally right next to them.

Reviewed 15 July 2018 via mobile

No words to describe apart from misleading and terrible. Roped in by the ‘smooth talking host’ with talks of ANY ‘house wine’ or any beers/soft drinks/juice off the menu plus one free entree with any one purchased. Upon making our selection of drinks we were then told that Peroni was the only free beer and the free juice was only bottled, not squeezed. Very poor communication between the host and waitress.
Not to mention that the chef of the establishment used the bathroom and failed to wash his hands and walked by as I was washing mine.