“Homemade Pasta Heaven”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 21 January 2018

We were recommended to come here for a great meal by good friends. WOW, this place is outstanding. Firstly let me say that the hostess Jadey, is an absolute delight and made the evening even more special.
We ordered gnocchi bolognese and fettuccine marinara and rocket salad.WOW WOW.
The gnocchi are the absolute best I have ever had, apart from my dear dads recipe and him making them. They were feather weight, little delicious clouds that just melted in your mouth. I told my husband right there and then, I will dream of these and crave them. Sure enough they are haunting me and I cannot wait to go back to Tassie and make a beeline to Da Angelo's. The Fettuccine were also just as wonderfully made, so tasty and the marinara sauce was outstanding with plump perfectly cooked prawns, mussels and calamari.
The creme brulee was also delicious. We so very much enjoyed our dinner here and highly recommend you do not miss dining here on your next trip.
Thank to the owners for their honest food, great service and exceptional staff. This was a wonderful experience all round.

Date of visit: January 2018
Write a ReviewReviews (1,860)

Reviewed 21 January 2018 via mobile

This is a busy restaurant and we struggled to get a table. It was recommended by our hotel. The freshly made pasta with a variety of sauces to choose from, was delicious, but the garlic bread was disappointing. I was surprised that the table and chairs hadnt been updated since the 1980s. Friendly efficient service. The selection of wine by glass was good.

Reviewed 20 January 2018

We were staying right near here at The Grand Old Duke and wanted to try given all the reviews. we were only staying 2 nights (Thur-Fri) and there was no availability for either so highly recommend booking. We ended up ordering take away: 2 pastas and a salad which was plenty for the 3 of us (2A,1C) for about $50. Coupled with a bottle of red from the Prince, it worked out really well. And the reviews were right!

Reviewed 20 January 2018

Very lucky to walk in without a reservation. The food is absolutely amazing. On holiday from Newcastle, this is the BEST Italian food we have eaten in a long time.
Beautiful flavours, excellent service. We will visit Hobart again just to visit Da Angelo Thank you for a very memorable evening.

Reviewed 17 January 2018 via mobile

This place is fabulous. We were a family of 5 walk-in on a Tuesday night. They accommodated us immediately and the place slowly filled. The food is standard, however beautiful Italian. Love how Marco walks around to each table to check the patrons enjoyed their meal, old-School and wonderful, a real personal touch. The pizza came out with a topping we had requested not be on it, they were quick to fix this and very apologetic. I’d recommend this to everyone and anyone.