“Good meal, price and service”
Review of Capital

Capital
Ranked #71 of 679 Restaurants in Hobart
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 28 January 2018

We enjoyed three meals at this restaurant during our stay in Hobart. Friendly and service attentive. The meals were tasty and well presented, espeically the antipasti plate we indulged in twice. Pleasant eating space.

Reviewed 27 January 2018 via mobile

Where to Start....

The Service was Great. Really Friendly Wait Staff.

That's where the good stuff ended.

Entre was supposedly a Baked Cauliflower dish. Instead it was blanched unseasoned bowl of Cauliflower. Much like nan used to make when I was a kid. Boring, plain and not worth $1 let alone $9.

Next up was the Marghertia Pizza and Seafood Linguini.

The pizza was anything other than Italian. It essentially was a cheese and Tomato sandwich, with 3 basil leaves randomly placed. It was a true embarrassment to all the Nona's out there!

The linguine paste taste simply of tomato paste. With the Amazing seafood available in Hobart and the rest of Tasmania there simply is no excuse for this D Grade Seafood. None at all.

When I explained the issues with the Cauliflower dish, the Manager explained they were getting a new menu next. I asked him was he implying that he knew the current food was not up to standard...?

He mumbled something and said I wouldn't be charged for the dish.

The pizza was $23 and the pasta $27.

I could get a tastier budget pizza and pasta in Melbourne, where I live, everyday of the week for half that cost.

Very over priced Jail Food

Reviewed 23 January 2018

As usual, great atmosphere, service and meals. Continue to want to go back. Have dined a few times now. Never fails

Reviewed 13 January 2018 via mobile

Definite yes! We had the white bate for starters, seafood pizza and linguini with muscles and chorizo, for mains. Both were fresh and tasty. Staff were excellent and professional in their service. Recommended if you like Italian cuisine.

Reviewed 11 January 2018

Dined here 3 time first time had the anti-pasti and it was nice. Second time had lasagna and it was reheated - to be expected - burnt, dry and had that same all over flavour of food that had been in the fridge too long. Any chef with integrity would not have sent this food to the table. We were with a large group, explained that one of our guests had to leave to catch a plane on ordering and her food and it was the last to come out - she had to take it away. Service was terrible, lots of staff going back to the kitchen empty handed!! Tonight I had $35 lamb missing the sauce, when I asked for some I was told that no the sauce was on the dish I was wrong and the food would have to go back to the kitchen to verify. Sauce is sauce its either their or not and why the staff assume the customer is wrong and only a qualified chef can determine if anything is wrong, I dont know. I hate this attitude and as a qualified chef myself dont understand why the staff dont have a customer oriented service culture. 2 bad experiences out of 3 I will not be visiting again lots of other great Italian in Hobart.