“Go!”
Review of Fico

Fico
Ranked #3 of 676 Restaurants in Hobart
Reviewed 29 June 2018 via mobile

Four old friends lunched. We’d been before; our friends had not. They accepted our recommendation that our hosts feed us ($75 pp). Some dishes new to us. Some older favourites (the Kingfish cubes!). The food was faultless: presentation, taste, texture. Decent wine list. Service crisp, attentive.
Go.

Reviewed 29 June 2018

A night to remember, our twenty fifth wedding anniversary. The food was magnificent. We shared everything and enjoyed it all. The venison carpaccio was delectable, mouthfeel was soft and textural with the hazelnuts and artichoke (Jerusalem) chips. The hint of freshly grated horseradish gave it zing. We thoroughly enjoyed the pigeon, tender and cooked to perfection, well matched with quince, onion and radicchio. A great selection of wines from Tasmania, France and elsewhere, many in half bottles. We had the best seats watching the chefs apply there magic directly or via the well placed mirror. The staff were very personable, very knowledgable and friendly. We were treated like the 'only' guests. We will be back.

Reviewed 28 June 2018

Had the pleasure of the long Sunday 8 course degustation lunch in June 2018. What a ride! From the perfect polenta chips to the BBQ squid, perfect risotto with fresh horseradish, squid ink pasta with BBQ octopus and soft meringue desert delivered in person by chef Federica, it was all very special.
Coupled with experienced waitstaff with the right mix of friendly & professional along with the very reasonable wine list that compliments the food - this is a Hobart experience not to be missed. 15.5/20

Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

One of the best meals I have ever had. We had the tasting menu & each dish was better than the last. Coupled with a fabulous wine list & exceptional service it was a dinner I won't forgot anytime soon. I had a tough time picking between Fico & Franklin & I'm so glad I picked Fico. Will definitely be back next time we're in Hobart. Thank you!!

Reviewed 20 June 2018

The setting for a wonderful dinner with friends. The venison carpaccio was delicate and melted on the tongue. I tried some of my partner's orecchiette pasta and wished I'd ordered it instead of the risotto with mussel emulsion available on the night; the pasta and mushroom sauce was perfect. The dessert was superb. This is the only place that I've found a Sicilian wine I'd previously had at Sixpenny in Sydney. Excellent service. The one drawback is the venue can be noisy when full. Having said that, I'd definitely go back.