Mayfair Hotel(Adelaide)(Great Value!)
  • Fitness centre
  • Fitness centre
  • Free Internet
  • Restaurant
All reviewso'connell streetgreat locationshower over bathrooms are cleanacross the roadstreet parkingcar parkcontinental breakfastqueen bedair conditioneran upgradecityaccommodationnthfootyeateriesoval
Reviewed 20 January 2015

we stayed 3 nights in November 2014 & it was ok. the rooms are a bit old but very clean. Hotel staff were helpful & polite. Loved being in North Adelaide & it was an easy walk into the city centre. We had a room on the ground floor at the front of the hotel & it was nice & quiet. Lots of restaurants & bars in Oconnell street to choose from. Was a great price & will definatly stay there again

• Stayed: November 2014, travelled with family
Adelaide Inn M, Manager at Adelaide Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2015

Hi Lyn B,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Adelaide Inn. Its great to read you enjoyed your stay and will be back. Since staying with us, the hotel is NOW under NEW MANAGEMENT. We are focused on improving on our guest service offering, and competing a soft refurbishment of our guest rooms. We are confident when you next stay with us, you will notice the changes, and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 13 January 2015 via mobile

When we got there with our dog our room was very unclean. The carpet was covered in wee and poo stains and smelled. The courtyard had dog poos in it.
The woman in charge (owner?) saw the room and noticed how bad it was but left us in there. It wasn't until I demanded to be moved to a cleaner room that I was.
The rooms were outdated. I think there was rot or damp or something in the walls and in the mornings the cold water in the showers didn't work.
We were there for eight nights, so we needed to get help with navigating Adelaide. Some of the staff had an air of snobbiness trhat far exceeded the quality of the rooms, but there was a man and a woman who both worked at reception and they were really nice. They helped us store our motorbikes in their storage shed and directed us to useful areas of Adelaide.
If we go there again it will only be for a couple of nights

• Stayed: January 2015

Hi Amber B,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your stay. it was disappointing to read your comments, in my eyes that is not how any guest experience should be at any hotel.

As the new manager of the property working for a new owner/operator I can confirm we are committed to addressing the issues not only you pointed out, but those which we also noticed in our first day of being in the property. We are well on the way to fixing the plumbing issues throughout the property, which will include ensuring all our guest rooms have working showers and the leaks which you have pointed out are repaired. Unfortunately for pet owners who have stayed at the hotel in the past, in the future we will not be allowing pets to stay in the hotel.

Should you be travelling in the future with out your beloved companion, we invite you to give us another try, I am confident you will notice the changes and more importantly your next stay with us will be a much more enjoyable experience. Please contact our guest services team who will be more than happy to assist with your travel arrangements.

Reviewed 12 January 2015

Stayed 2 nights here and was a very pleasant comfortable stay.
Place is obviously getting quite old but cleaning standards are very good.
Parking is great right out the front of the hotel and a bonus you don't have to pay for it.
During my stay the weather was 35-40 degrees and the aircons here are in a really odd position in the room took a while to cool the room down due to its odd location had it on the coolest setting possible but still didnt quite cut it.
Both nights the restaurant was closed and there was no indication of this anywhere except when i went down to get dinner and was told it was closed- would have been nice to be told on check in the restaurant was closed or a letter in the room to say, not a major problem though as being on O'connell street there are plenty of restaurants and takeaway options.
Did not make use of the pool on my stay but it did look nice and inviting.
Staff are pleasant and very obliging when I requested a later checkout.
All in all a great stay and very happy with the hotel especially for the price I paid, will definitely return again

• Stayed: January 2015, travelled with friends

Hi ana m,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with the Adelaide Inn. As the new manager of the hotel it is pleasing to read such a positive review. My focus for the property moving forward is to ensure we provide no less service than that of your positive experience, but we go to the next level of offering a more consistent standard and our focus is always on providing enthusiastic guest directed service to our future guests. I take on board your feedback and I have spoken with our team to ensure we give clearer announcements of the restaurant opening hours upon check in.

We are in the process of inspecting all essential services through out the hotel, including replacing air conditioners which are not quite up to the job our guests expect.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future and will be delighted to speak with you about the changes we are making. Please contact our guest services team directly who will be more than happy to assist with your future travel arrangements.

Reviewed 28 December 2014

When I arrived I was told the restaurant wasn't open that night. When I asked why it wasn't posted on website, got told the owner just takes it on a whim to close the restaurant.
Then I read the file in my room and was told a free 30session in the Internet cafe was available. When. I asked to access that, was told it was no longer available. Hey fellas, update your details so guests can choose whether to stay or not. Oh and so far I have heard every conversation going on in the hallway outside my room. Are the walls paper thin too? Lucky I am only staying one night, in transit. I booked the hotel via mystery deal online, never again.

Room Tip: Don't go there.
  • Stayed: December 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank Solo1959
Reviewed 18 December 2014

This Hotel has been here for a long while and the decor is a bit dated with dark paneling in the corridors etc. But the staff are very helpful, the rooms are very clean and comfortable. It has a dinning room and serves a good breakfast. It is also surrounded by a large number of restaurants of varying cuisine. A number of these also do a great breakfast and all within walking distance.

Room Tip: I have stayed here a couple of times and all the rooms would appear to be good.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business