Mayfair Hotel(Adelaide)(Great Value!)
  • Fitness centre
  • Free Internet
  • Pool
2,161 results
All reviewsthe club loungeriverside restaurantriver viewcricket groundtrain stationvalet parkingfestival theatrebuffet breakfastconvention centerattending a conferencean upgradenorth terracebit datedking bedpillow menuin housefantastic location
Reviewed 16 March 2016 via mobile

I'm a repeat visitor to Adelaide and make sure I stay here.. The rooms are lovely, restaurant and bar downstairs perfect and staff are at the top of their game.
After a busy day doing work related activity in Adelaide, came back to my relax in my room, Soak in the tub and order room service. I thought I know, "I'll order something light".. Well I ordered the club sandwich, which comes with a tasty side of chips (fries) and 30 mins later I have a major food hangover (1st world problem)... In other words my eyes were bigger than my stomach... I thought I was not going to eat for the next 3 days, but didn't want to waste my free buffet breakfast with my room, so you know, I had to eat...

Stayed: September 2015, travelled on business
ICAManagement, General Manager at InterContinental Adelaide, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2016

Dear Magalie S

Thank you for your very kind review of InterContinental Adelaide. We are pleased you enjoyed your experience - particularly the enormous club sandwich! This is certainly a popular dish to order and I am pleased it was most satisfying.

Reviewed 15 March 2016

Stayed here recently for the Clipsal weekend. Breakfasts were great and the rooms nice and very comfy. The décor around the corridors is in need of a paint job but overall a great place. A room overlooking the river would be one of the best.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled on business
ICAManagement, General Manager at InterContinental Adelaide, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2016

Dear Michelle R

Thank you for staying at InterContinental Adelaide while visiting us over the Clipsal weekend. I hope you thoroughly enjoyed your motor racing experience.

Appreciate your complimentary feedback on the food and beverage and comfortable room you received. Very happy to hear that overall your time with us was most enjoyable.

Reviewed 15 March 2016

I thought I had stepped back in time to the 1980's when I walked into this hotel. If this is one of Adelaide's finest hotels, then Adelaide hasn't seen much development in a very long time.

The décor is drab. If you like beige, you'll love this place, it's everywhere. We stayed in an executive suite on the top floor - it was sterile and depressing.

The Club Lounge features old damaged timber furniture and bright blue carpets - we're certain that these carpets were taken from the Gold Coast's Jupiter's Casino after it completed a refurbishment in the late '80s. Food was dreadful.

Staff was friendly as were most people we encountered in Adelaide.

We paid $1,000 per night and there was no complimentary water. There was a bottle of water on each bedside table with the cardboard piece placed over the lid advertising the price of the water at $6.00 per bottle. Really? I haven't seen that practice in hotels since, well...the 1980's!

This hotel is conveniently located next to the Convention Centre, which may be why they can get away with selling rooms with such a poor and stale offering.

My advice...avoid this place; there must be much better hotels to stay in Adelaide.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank Travelwriter63

Dear Travelwriter63

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our property.

Your input is vitally important to us as we want guest expectations to be met and in turn provide a memorable experience.

Unfortunately, we do appreciate your visit was not to your satisfaction and thank you for your candid comments concerning the decor, food and amenities which are taken on board.

Reviewed 14 March 2016

People talk about excellent service, I stayed in InterContinental for seven days last week.
Both Siddhartha and Mr. McCandless will be very pleased to know that Concierge staff Steven & Oktay are among the best in the world. They offered restaurant and tour booking in a very friendly way, umbrella for strange weather, last minute restaurant booking, transportation advice etc. We originally stay for six night, we decide to extend one more night because of service that we get.
We were there when the prime minister was there. However all management team's present in lobby area do not make me feel uncomfortable. It feels still business as usual!
The hotel room is big in size, TV is nice size as well, bed is very comfortable, the construction site next door do not create any noise pollution, the location is best in town.
You can get the free city tram just right in front of the hotel within the city main area.
Staff performances outgun any negative factors (if any) of my stay, Well done!

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple

Dear wiseguy1282005

Thank you very much for taking the time to extend your complimentary feedback on two of our colleagues, namely Steven and Oktay, who greatly assisted you during your recent stay at InterContinental Adelaide.

My team and I were delighted to hear of this exceptional service and have extended thanks to both colleagues. May I also acknowledge your comments on the guestroom and location of our hotel. Your feedback is greatly appreciated.

Reviewed 14 March 2016

With a view out over the Torrens River and easy access to the city, this hotel is a great place to stay. We got a high level room which gave us great views. It's a short walk to Hindley Street and the mall, as well as the riverside walks. Service is excellent and staff are very good. Beds are comfortable and it's nice and quiet. Prices are a bit on the high side, but we'll be coming back.

Room Tip: Ask for a river view if available.
  • Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family
ICAManagement, General Manager at InterContinental Adelaide, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2016

Dear TanjungBaraDiver

Thank you for choosing to stay at InterContinental Adelaide and for reviewing your stay for my team and I to learn of your experience.

We are happy you enjoyed the service aspects and that you found the beds very comfortable.

Looking forward to welcoming you on a future occasion!