“Day trip from cairns ”

US$110.30*
and up
Fitzroy Island Sea Kayaking
Reviewed 1 January 2018 via mobile

Fast ferry ride island is stunning thr water so crystal clear with a coral beach so wear suitable shoes we went on a glass bottom boat ride and snorkeling was brilliant loads of fish and even seen a reef shark
Also went to turtle rehabilitation centre this is so interesting so would recommended book as soon as you get of boat

2  Thank kezabug6
in 7 reviews
"nudie beach"
in 12 reviews

Reviewed 31 December 2017 via mobile

We booked online months ago to celebrate my brother in- law's birthday and were not disappointed. Excellent facilities on the island. Clean toilets, great bar with an amazing view. Boat trip from Cairns over to the island was lovely with excellent service from the Fitzroy staff. Many secluded spots to be found along the beaches with sufficient shade from the overhanging trees. Great snorkeling. My 8yrs old niece was lucky enough to swim right along side a sea turtle. Wonderful family outing!

3  Thank Sylvie035
Reviewed 22 December 2017

After a slightly rough sail we arrived at beautiful Fitzroy. I definitely recommend spending 8+ hours at the island.

We "hiked" to the light tower and up to top of the island, where we were truly met by a marvellous view! Don't cheat yourself of that! We visited the turtle rescuecentre, which I would also highly recommend. You do have to buy a ticket, but all the money goes directly to the centre so I think it's a really nice price.

Also recommend visiting Nudey Beach (not a nudist-beach). It is stunning.

After all this you still have time for some snorkling and an ice cream!

2  Thank Olli_dude
Reviewed 20 December 2017

There are day trips here but you only get about 6.5 hours on the island accounting for the return journey by boats. I would recommend spending 2 days if you have the time and money. To climb on the paths to the peak takes 2.5 hours return time so it really eats into the day if you do that. The snorkeling is amazing, I was swimmining with turtles for over one hour and saw a giant ray, wider than I can open my arms. A perfect day spens there for me.

2  Thank MIADangerous